Acid Indigestion

[st...]

Hi everyone,

Well on Tues I go for a Upper and Lower GI Scope. This is do to months of off and on again but mostly on indigestion.

My taper was so hard on me and ever taper cut I got really sick to my stomach, eating was difficult and after my jump it wasn't much better.

My GI Dr said this isn't related to the Klonopin and that I have GERD and will most likely need Pecid for life.

I try my best to eat a well balanced diet and I'm still trying to regain a few more pounds that don't want to seem to be regained no matter what.

I'm getting worried and have PMS AND this increases my symptoms and who knows maybe a full blown wave is coming and my acid indigestion isn't giving me a minute of peace from the time I woke to right as I type.

I'm wondering of those who recovered How long did you deal with Indigestion problems and did this ever really leave you.

I wondering if this is some damage that will stick with me and then that would mean I'll not fully recover :(

Thanks for your thoughts and support,

Notstill Stuck anymore,

Ann

So sorry you are hurting.  I have upper stomach indigestion and things are getting worse .  Cramping, gas, acid...but many of us do.  It's all the anxiety, stress, fear and chemical inbalances.  Part of w/d but what can we do...we have to make it through.  I had a scope...nothing found.  There is a thread here on BB for stomach issues.  I am loosing weight.  Many of us do, some gain.  It's how are bodies react, we are all different.  We all heal.  We are all healing...believe that.  Best wishes and God bless.

Thank you Galea,

I'm not alone with these stomach troubles, but I fear that something has gone wrong. Then the fool in my get to doing "research" on the topic of acid Indigestion and all sorts of nightmare stories come up like acid eroding your throat or worse if left with such problems people with chronic GERD can get stomach of pancreatic Cancer. Now I get like OMG! WHY is this drug still allowed by the FDA.

I never had a bad stomach before Klonopin and really if it was a once in a while thing if I'd have to take a Tums now and then. Now I take 40 mg of Pepcid 3 times a day AND still have break through acid most evenings and then I add on some more Tums or Gax X neither does much for me. I tried to eat good carbs and less processed foods but still there is no great relief, and somehow my PMS trigger the upswing of my wave symptoms and for some reason also my Acid Ind.

I'm worried this is taking a toll that is to much for me, I don't want to die, and I pray ALL the time and tell myself all the time, that I don't want to die, I have a beautiful family that needs me, and I love them

I JUST want to feel better, and this is all mess ALL from Klonopin! I'm sorry Lord that I ever made the mistake and trusted my Dr to think it was safe to take ...I am sorry :(

I jumped just after you and am dealing with daily gas and pain. I think it is just a withdrawal sx and will get better with time. Sorry, I don't agree with your doctor. Did you know that Tums are just calcium pills and that they cause rebound acidity? All I take for my problem is simethicone pills that just help the gas to leave my body. Whole lot of burping and farting going on here.

Give it a few more months hey? It should start to improve. Listen to relaxation tapes, and do deep breathing exercises to calm your body down.

i am not sure if this will help...but during the 2 years of my tolerance and 6 months after the detox

i had the most awful indigestion problems .

after 8 months off , it was gone and i could eat everything again. now at almost 13 months off i can have coffee without any problem.

it think its due to the Benzo crap and once off, it heals again. :o

You'll feel better once you rule out anything bad. My stomach is better than it was but I still have heartburn at least once a day and terrible bloating.

Thank you all for your replies and they really do help me.

Tomorrow tests will help me to know if anything is screwed up or not, otherwise I guess it will just be time.

Last night I had an aweful spell of tachycardia, seeing my Cardio today but he has said in the past after lots of test that its a normal sinus tach. could be do to perimenpause.

Still it worrisome

Ann

Ive had this problem a long time (pre-benzos), it can actually set off tachycardia and pvc's and such.... lots of afibbers say this.....

neither will kill you..

I dont know why, wonder if the benzos relax the sphincter muscle so much that it allows the reflux, Ive never studied it on here, since i already had it so long...

Thanks everyone for the replies, very interesting.

Yesterday went ok, I had some crazy anxiety that was wave related and stress related. Too mnay medical tests this year and its making me to nervous but I know these needed to be done.

My Dr. said the Upper and Lower GI looked ok. Some gastritis in the stomach only.

I see him for a follow appointment to talk some more about changing treatments.

My heart Palps where milder last night and a slight race in beats I could feel this morning but not to bad. My heart Dr. said I could where a event monitor again for another month to see if we can see the actually super beats that it does now and then.

He said it could be stress (and I was very stressed about these GI tests) or Peri menopausal symptoms, and didn't think at this point it was benzo related but I didn't feel like tellin why it could be as he might wonder then why I asking him for a check of my heart if I'm just going to tell him my own answers. (but I think it does fit into the chances of things that could be causing it as I got heart palpitations and even full panic attacks during each of my tapers)

I'm glad the GI tests are done and I've had so many tests done I don't think there is any left for me to do.

I'm a week shy of 20 weeks off Klon. and I still am hoping all of these symptoms leave me for good soon.

Some times I still wonder if this will really go away but people here who have recovered seem to say that they had those thoughts too and got better.

Ann

I 'm so glad things went well for you.  I have the same problem.  I had an upper endo in January.  Nothing was found.  He just said it was reflux.  I am considering having another one done.

Mama2

Oh and I forgot to mention that I was found to have a small Hiatial Hernia but he said its too small to operate on.

My GP Dr called me today with the results of my annual check blood tests and I'm a little anemic and low on vitamin D. So I'll start those supplements and see if maybe the heart racing and palpitations ease up if I'm not lacking in iron.

There are some other tests that the GO Dr. did like allergies to wheat and cilliac (sp?) but I'll hear about those in a week or two.

Least some things I can straighten out with supplemnts and the other W/D symptoms will have to fade in time. It will be nice if the iron helps reduce the heart palps, those are so strange.

Ann