Anyone get burning skin sensations?

[Ma...]

Hi Buddies..

I have been having bunring skin off and on. Mostly top of my feet. Sometimes back and arms. Forehead and nose numb. Unusual headaches and of course, of an on all day depersonalization.

My Pdoc seems confused by the burning skin and headaches... thinking I should get B12 and other things checked out.

Anyone know if these symptoms to totally unusual?

Thanks

M

Hello Mark,

These are "normal" (if you can call any of this benzo hell normal) w/d symptoms. Some have it, some don't, some have it worse than others. In my first too fast failed taper I had it to the extreme; full body neuropathy both externally and internally, which landed me in the ER, twice. Depending on the severity, pain meds may or may not be a helpful thing; they bring yet another possible addiction into the equation so it would need to be weighed by both you and your doc. You can read my signature and introduction if you like.

Best of luck and hope these symptoms subside for you.

SnapDragon

Hi Mark,

I get burning sensations on and off, mostly on the hands and head area.  They come and go.  I think people who are trying to get off klonopin seem to report this symptom more often.

I think this is one of the 'normal' w/d symptoms.

Good luck to you,

Ellen

Flaming feet here. It was my first withdrawal symptom. Now I get a burning sensation in my knees off and on. I think it's fairly common in withdrawal.

Crazy stuff…

Hi Mark,

I get burning sensations on and off, mostly on the hands and head area.  They come and go.  I think people who are trying to get off klonopin seem to report this symptom more often.

I think this is one of the 'normal' w/d symptoms.

Good luck to you,

Ellen

Ellen,

Wow! After countless hours of reading I had not picked up on a connection between the burning sensation and Klonopin withdrawal!

That's huge for me right now, as it is my #1 symptom and has flared up badly during the past few weeks of my crossover from Klonopin to Valium. So, knowing that gives me a lot more hope that what I am feeling is normal ... it makes me feel a whole lot less scared about finishing off this crossover!

Thanks,

Human

I've had these sxs ranging form extremely cold feel to boiling hot while in bed.

Also I've had very hot like a sunburn sensation on my chest area. It passes after a few days generally, it does come back every now and again.

Apply some cold water, seems too simple but it helps, not much you can do anyway, just try to relax a wait it out.

It's a quite common sx during withdrawal.

Yep, it is ''normal'' ....i think. i had it very bad for a few months after detox.

after 12 months off it has gone now. i hope for good. still a lot of other crap left

but so many sxs have gone and i can feel the ''healing'', really odd i can tell you .

so don't worry , it is not permanent . :)