As long as you've been at this, do you have anyone that believes you?

[On...]

Whether its family, friends doctors or whatever

It seems to me from my experience no one really believes me when Itell them its withdrawal,  even though my behaviour has changed drastically. Its insane. Its like its an invisible disease

Hi OneDay,

Yes, I can relate to what you are saying....however, in my case, I am experiencing severe, severe physical pain and misery.  Every time I tell drs. or nurses about the horrific w/ds I am having, they continually tell me I shouldn't be having w/ds (since I'm down to a low dose).......but I am....severe w/ds at that.  It angers me that I'm experiencing so much pain and suffering and no one believes how extremely bad it is.  I wake up every morning wondering if today will be my last day b/c my body is in so much pain, weakness and exhaustion.  Sometimes I feel as though I don't have enough strength to take another breath.....my body feels broken and I'm in so much despair that I don't know which way to turn.  :sick: :sick: :( :( :'( :'(  Despite being on a low dose and holding, I'm still not stabilizing.....in fact, the opposite is happening...I'm just getting worse and worse.  Crying, crying, crying....b/c of so much pain.  I find myself begging everyone to help me.....and no one can make it stop.  :'( :'(

Yes. Sadly in this case my dr is ignorant. This 8 months of hell were the direct result of benzos. From adverse effects from my first benzo, to getting administered loraz in the er then coming off it three weeks later and suffering insane withdrawals, then reinstating and suffering this terrible taper. All this and my dr seems clueless. And if he's not, he's crazy and or a bad man. Well if I make it out and get my mind back, I'm writing him a big letter telling him the truth of what I went through, and inviting him to reevaluate some things, then Igot to find a new dr. I can't have one that doesn't believe me. I doubt he'll reevaluate as i think he gets incentives from big pharma. I looked at their website and who they are afilliated with and its frightening.

If there is anything I wish I didn't do is reinstate even though Isuffered wd hell, because now Ifeel crazy and I'm afraid of the world.

Hi OneDay,

Yes, I can relate to what you are saying....however, in my case, I am experiencing severe, severe physical pain and misery.  Every time I tell drs. or nurses about the horrific w/ds I am having, they continually tell me I shouldn't be having w/ds (since I'm down to a low dose).......but I am....severe w/ds at that.  It angers me that I'm experiencing so much pain and suffering and no one believes how extremely bad it is.  I wake up every morning wondering if today will be my last day b/c my body is in so much pain, weakness and exhaustion.  Sometimes I feel as though I don't have enough strength to take another breath.....my body feels broken and I'm in so much despair that I don't know which way to turn.  :sick: :sick: :( :( :'( :'(  Despite being on a low dose and holding, I'm still not stabilizing.....in fact, the opposite is happening...I'm just getting worse and worse.  Crying, crying, crying....b/c of so much pain.  I find myself begging everyone to help me.....and no one can make it stop.  :'( :'(

Hi brunnettescorpio, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Its crazy that these nurses and doctors don't know what the hell withdrawal is and it pisses me off. This is a drug they peddle and they don't understand it? "My" psyche said I'm on such a low dose now that Ishouldnt be having withdrawals too. I can't believe he doesn't know better. And if he does, he doesn't care at all.

Take care, hope you begin to feel better

Hi OneDay,

Hi brunnettescorpio, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Its crazy that these nurses and doctors don't know what the hell withdrawal is and it pisses me off. This is a drug they peddle and they don't understand it? "My" psyche said I'm on such a low dose now that Ishouldnt be having withdrawals too. I can't believe he doesn't know better. And if he does, he doesn't care at all.

Take care, hope you begin to feel better

i got a letter from mine about four or five mo off saying my case was closed.

i had called them and told them i was too sick to come for next appt.

does that say caring to you?? :(

im so numb i cant even cry.

Hi everyone...just wanted to share a little about other peoples opinions of benzo w/d. My partner is a physician. The first seven months he just ignored me and said that I should have good thoughts.You know how that goes?? Finally after watching me suffer he decided to do some research, low and behold he finally began to recognize my situation, but only as an outsider is capable. However now at 14 months he says very little. This is a lonely journey. Without all of you my life would be gray and without much hope, so thanks for being there from the bottom of my heart. :smitten: :smitten:

No one really believes me.  It doesn't help that is it so hard to explain sometimes.  Especially the emotional disconnect and hermit like behavior that can come with prolonged use and eventual tolerance.  The last two years I was on the klonopin I had no idea it was what was making me sick and crazy.  Of course my doctor didn't know enough to pick up on it either.  It is funny though that all the stuff I was being "treated" for cleared up in the months after my taper.

I got so frustrated trying to explain it to my elderly Mother that I finally just emailed her a copy of "The Accidental Addict.  It's freeware and comes in PDF format.  She now understands at least a little better.

I guess unless you have been here you really can't fully "get it."

I am not sure  ,  I think maybe perhaps the only ones that can completely believe

it are the ones like ourselves that are going through it.  The "others" I guess

just read about it but dont go through it and perhaps dont read about it.

I either lucky or very persuasive because some people believe me. My doctor to a certain extent does as well. He doesn't believe all the sxs I get are from w/d but rather I'm a bit hypochondriac to him. But as long as he supports my taper I don't care whether he believes me 100% or not.