Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

Thanks Prettydaisys for the reply. How far out do I need to be? I am desperate and need some relief. So, I decided to give the ripo flavon a try.  I took it a 10pm and it ramped up all my sxs and then about 1 hour later the sxs went back to the intensity they were at 10pm. I know  birdman said about 3 weeks for relief.  Should I wait or take it again? It is now 2:30 am on the west coast and I am having another sleepless night. I was so hoping for some help.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated?    Love IslandGirl  :smitten:

Hi everyone!

Tinnitus is one of my many sxs. I have it in both ears. Thanks Birdman for inviting me to this thread.

I just bought Lipo-Flavonoid Plus by DSE Heathcare Solutions. I see it has the B vitamins (1,2,6,12) and c, but it has so many other fillers and dyes in it too.  I am scared to take it with all the fillers.  Which brands has anyone tried? Is there one more natural? Just wondering if anyone is having any problems with it?

Thanks again    Love IslandGirl

Welcome island girl,

So far we have things that can help.  Time is the first one but in the mean time while  sound therapy is helpful for tinnitus distraction. Look a few pages back and look at the bone conducing headphones.  If you where them your tinnitus is basically gone. I wear mine so much I had to buy two of them as to keep a battery on charge all the time.

Thanks for joining in  :smitten:

Bird

Thanks Prettydaisys for the reply. How far out do I need to be? I am desperate and need some relief. So, I decided to give the ripo flavon a try.  I took it a 10pm and it ramped up all my sxs and then about 1 hour later the sxs went back to the intensity they were at 10pm. I know  birdman said about 3 weeks for relief.  Should I wait or take it again? It is now 2:30 am on the west coast and I am having another sleepless night. I was so hoping for some help.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated?    Love IslandGirl  :smitten:

you know, i've been talking a lot with Polenta. she's the one who has the most time here in protracted withdrawals but she is finally getting better and healing. she is teaching me that no supplements at all should be taken during this time of healing. it's a very hard pill to swallow in and of itself when you're suffering day in and day out but it makes sense. so i have stopped everything for now. i am still tapering from an opiate and will hopefully be off that soon. i am trying my best to get all my vitamins and minerals from food and nutrient dense foods. i can't really take anything anyway.

she says it hinders our progress with the over all brain healing. i've been wanting to take Vitamin D, B vitamins, and some other things. but i'm not going to right now. the only thing i may do once in awhile if i really need to are digestive enzymes, probiotic, magnesium. but i haven't needed to even do that lately. i make bone broth soup and other veggie broths to get minerals into me. i don't know why but the longer out i get, the more i agree with Polenta about this. sometimes i will put the vitamin D oil on my wrist but she doesn't even want me doing that. we all have to find our own way here and she is of the belief that most if not all supplements hold the healing back and make people react.

i am very interested in the ginkgo biloba thread and starting that cycle. i even bought some ginkgo by Jarrow. but i am still going to wait to do that. and i need to be off the opiate to be on the ginkgo otherwise one could have a seizure so i still have some months. i'm pretty sure Polenta would not want me to even do the ginkgo but it's something i do wish to try out for 3 cycyles.

you will find what works for you and what doesn't. just listen to your intuition. it is never wrong!

much love,

pretty

pretty,

I do not know if supplements matter for ME in a negative way. I was taking calcium, zinc, turmeric and fish oil when I went into w/d. I added magnesium. I never really thought about whether or not it would matter and I do not think it does for me. I have become more sensitive to foods tho. I was eating a ton of sugar and thinking it was not having a bad effect on me. I think I was wrong. I stopped and am in a better place. I am into a new taper so I am not sure what to expect at all.

Good wishes for you from Colorado.

I've noticed that my T seems to be much quieter immediately after a shower. Does anyone else notice this or is it my f--i'd up benzo brain?

Mine is to.  It last for about 30 seconds after I get out.  It also happens to me when I shovel snow.  I have no idea why.  Is yours still on a cycle. xo

I posted this before in terms of helping me sleep . . . but I can't say enough good things about my white noise machine. It's about the size of a saucer and runs on batteries. Not only do I use it for sleep, I use it when I am sitting around reading, and I take it in to my office and use it while I am on the computer. Completely blocks out my T.

Google white noise machine. I bought mine at amazon.

Hope this helps some of you!

Okatz

My tinnitus is more quiet after I take a shower too, and in fact it is the only place I can go that totally drowns it out.

Me too,  I take like 3 showers a day now.  It's the only place I feel normal now.

Hi everyone I found a you tube video. It is a rain video but to me it sounds like it could also be the sound you hear when taking a shower. I just loop this all night and it helps to block out my Tinnitus

Rob

Hi everyone I found a you tube video. It is a rain video but to me it sounds like it could also be the sound you hear when taking a shower. I just loop this all night and it helps to block out my Tinnitus

Rob

I love it!  Grwat find Rob, Burning it to my ipod now :smitten:

How do you put it on the I pod Bird

Hi Linder :)

First download it as an MP3 file at this website  http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

cut and paste the youtube URL   

the sound will download as an MP3 file to your computer.

Then use Itunes to pop it on my Iphone or ipod

Hope that helps Linder 

Hugs Bird :smitten:

I played around with my bone conduction headphones and THIS position gives me the best tinnitus relief (see photo)  I stuck them on every part of my skull :laugh: Also noticed fast rock&roll songs work best and R&B just does not cut it ;)  White noise is always good too.

Right in the top of the ear cup. Have to turn the

bone conduction head phones upside down to get up in there :)

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/birdman22222/Earcopy_zps7028a632.jpg

Aftershokz is the best brand and I bought them all :laugh:

Get the one with the mic, great for Iphone phone calls.

i have tinnitus but not as bad as some of the folks on here, isn't that weird since i 'feel' like i have the worst brain symptoms of anyone. but the hyperacusis is still at an all time high, constantly plugging my ears and don't like that i had heard Bliss Johns took her 7 years to fullyl be rid of the hyperazusis symptom. whether that's true or not, that so scares me. but the tinnitus i have isn't that bothersome to me.

i have tinnitus but not as bad as some of the folks on here, isn't that weird since i 'feel' like i have the worst brain symptoms of anyone. but the hyperacusis is still at an all time high, constantly plugging my ears and don't like that i had heard Bliss Johns took her 7 years to fullyl be rid of the hyperazusis symptom. whether that's true or not, that so scares me. but the tinnitus i have isn't that bothersome to me.

7 years is a long time.  God I will be stark raving mad by then if it takes that long.

Hey Birdie

Nice to see you on the forum. I too would go stark raving mad if I had T for that length of time

Wishing you much healing Pretty D, as you are so deserving of it~ :smitten:

Mine is going bye.

NFM :angel:

Hi Birdman,

I have been following your thread for a while. I have Tinnitus at a level of 9, and actually started taking Xanax because I read Xanax can mask the high speed drill noise we all know too well. I was on Xanax for 3 plus years, and it helped a lot in reducing the "drill". However, I had to increase my dose to keep it under control, tolerance, starting at ..25 three times per day, and ending at 4 mg three times per day. I have tapered since March back to .25 once at bedtime, and have had the horrible w/d that goes along with it.

Now, my biggest problem, for now, is that my Tinnitus has come back, even worse. I am not sure it is a w/d symptom though. My theory is that the Xanax was masking the Tinnitus, and over time the Tinnitus, and hearing loss became worse.

I have read that Tinnitus is a progressive degenerative disease for which there is no cure. My Psych has warned me that the Tinnitus can result in suicide, in that the noise is non stop, and drives you insane.

My fear is that I will have to reinstate, which I do not want to do.

Hi Birdman,

I have been following your thread for a while. I have Tinnitus at a level of 9, and actually started taking Xanax because I read Xanax can mask the high speed drill noise we all know too well. I was on Xanax for 3 plus years, and it helped a lot in reducing the "drill". However, I had to increase my dose to keep it under control, tolerance, starting at ..25 three times per day, and ending at 4 mg three times per day. I have tapered since March back to .25 once at bedtime, and have had the horrible w/d that goes along with it.

Now, my biggest problem, for now, is that my Tinnitus has come back, even worse. I am not sure it is a w/d symptom though. My theory is that the Xanax was masking the Tinnitus, and over time the Tinnitus, and hearing loss became worse.

I have read that Tinnitus is a progressive degenerative disease for which there is no cure. My Psych has warned me that the Tinnitus can result in suicide, in that the noise is non stop, and drives you insane.

My fear is that I will have to reinstate, which I do not want to do.

Hi Zanny, 

Those day's of my  "DENTAL DRILL" loud T are over.  I had no noticeable T before starting benzo's.  I have studied the T healing times and rate's from many other members and it can take many years to settle after jumping in the worst cases. 

Do you have any relief in the morning after waking from deep sleep?  If so this is the time GABA is highest in the brain and you should have faith this gaba chemical balance will return if you stay off the benzo's.  I taper no faster than 6% so going slow is important to a healing type of taper which people with radical tinnitus like us just have to do :-\

I would just get a set of tinnitus maskers and try to stick it out a few years and see if it gets better.

I got my maskers here  http://tinnitusmaskers.com  Saved me from T insanity many times  :thumbsup:

Best wishes  :smitten:

Bird

Hey Birdie

Nice to see you on the forum. I too would go stark raving mad if I had T for that length of time

Wishing you much healing Pretty D, as you are so deserving of it~ :smitten:

Mine is going bye.

NFM :angel:

Thanks NFM :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: