Author Topic: Tenacious Tinnitus Club Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis  (Read 229531 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tenacious Tinnitus Club Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 06:53:04 am »
I still take 600mg of NAC three times a day

what brand do you take [...]?

thanks for all the links [...]! i actually like the pink noise the best. the others are a bit too strong still. i really feel for [...] because the hyperacusis i had just a few weeks ago for months and months was so unbelievably bad it cut right through me like knives in cold water and i'm here to say that it's much better. so it will get better for you too!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 07:51:01 am »

thanks for all the links [...]! i actually like the pink noise the best. the others are a bit too strong still. i really feel for [...] because the hyperacusis i had just a few weeks ago for months and months was so unbelievably bad it cut right through me like knives in cold water and i'm here to say that it's much better. so it will get better for you too!

I take the Jarrow brand. I'm yet to see them and the Doctor's Best line have a product fail a consumerlabs test. I'm sure there are other good brands out there
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 08:49:12 am »

I take the Jarrow brand. I'm yet to see them and the Doctor's Best line have a product fail a consumerlabs test. I'm sure there are other good brands out there

i use to take the Jarrow brand. i'll probably just get Jarrow for both NAC and ginkgo. i am "brand" girl i really don't like a lot of unecessary shit in supplements, the less the better and the higher the quality the better. i really try to do as much research as possible with different brands before i ingest.

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2013, 06:44:29 pm »
hi [...],
anything on sizzling sound in the brain?
mine is getting worse. especially at night time. sigh.
had this crap for 19 months now.

Hi [...]. It sounds like low frequency tinnitus.  If the sound balance is perfect you get the STEREO effect and it sounds like it's right in the center of your brain or even the in the back of the skull.  If the balance is off just a tad its easier to just hear it in the left or right ear and then that horrible stereo effect is no more.  I think that's what your hearing.  It does get better.  Have you tried the NAC?  After about 30 days of treatment it made a noticeable improvement for me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2013, 08:11:37 pm »
Someone asked about this so I thought I'd post an answer and hope it doesn't get removed for being a commercial plug.

Go to amazon and put "white noise machine" into the search box. You will get a ton of them. Mine is the HomeMedics with nature sounds. It cost about $27. I use the "rain" setting. It sure helps drown out the tinnitus. I put it next to the bed on my night table on LOUD.

Hope this helps.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »
I have tinnitus, mostly in my left ear. It's frustrating because I used to meditate a lot and now when I try all I can hear is the tinnitus so it makes it much more difficult to concentrate on my breathing. I do have moments where it will stop in my left ear and switch to my right ear as if dials are being turned up and down.

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 03:03:49 am »
Yes, I had the hyperacusis where it was like knives in the ear and electric zaps.  It was truly unbearable for months--complete misery--i wish it on no one, ever.  Truly.  It was hard to get through it.  Thank you for listening to me during those time, [...], thank you.  I still have the hyperacusis but it has improved.  So one day, I hope to have it totally gone.  Its unreal how bad I had it.  I also have tinnitus in one ear, but[...] that will pass too.  I am 3 months and 10 days benzo free.  Never again will I touch a benzo in my life, NEVER.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:58 am »
Yes, I had the hyperacusis where it was like knives in the ear and electric zaps.  It was truly unbearable for months--complete misery--i wish it on no one, ever.  Truly.  It was hard to get through it.  Thank you for listening to me during those time, [...], thank you.  I still have the hyperacusis but it has improved.  So one day, I hope to have it totally gone.  Its unreal how bad I had it.  I also have tinnitus in one ear, but[...] that will pass too.  I am 3 months and 10 days benzo free.  Never again will I touch a benzo in my life, NEVER.

[...]

[...],

so happy to hear that it's improved for you. mine has too. on the weekends there are million of these motorcycle dudes on the freeway (and i live [...] close to the fwy) and they also come around my house. for 30 minutes straight i have to plug up my ears because it's just too unbearable. but [...], i didn't seem to have the need to plug up my ears, although it was still [...] loud and annoying. so, that was a good thing. i thought about you [...] when they came by full blast with their choppers.

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 04:27:43 am »
[...]: Thanks.  I am so glad it has gotten better.  I think that is one of the worst benzo w/d sx when its super bad.  Literally, all sounds hurt.  It was unreal.  Just unreal.  I did not know if I could live through it.  I am so so so thankful it has improved, [...] even tell you.  Severe hyperacusis is complete torture.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 05:24:40 pm »
Hi [...], I know you are worried that your T and H will never heal (me too :-\)  but maybe someone who has healed can tell us that they have healed. Anyone??? 

I have read that T completely healed for many people in  "success stories" .  I should have book marked them.  They did say it was the very last s/x too heal. 

Hope and patience is needed for T and H healing.

I hope you get better soon :)