Author Topic: Tenacious Tinnitus Club Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis  (Read 226542 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tenacious Tinnitus Club Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 04:17:59 am »
[...]...Thanks for the heads up on one dosing it.
I want to start living again after being under a wet blanket for a year. I have been stone cold[...] all of my life. I will jump if you guys will have me. If I am lying I am dying and I am not going anywhere.
It is below zero in Colorado tonight. I have a fire lit, I am feeling really good tonight after a cut 5 days ago. I start to dream. I am well and dancing in circles...I am walking on sunshine. It takes being down at the bottom to dream about being on top again. Hell yeah I'll jump.

8) Big wink from the high country
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 04:51:30 am »
L:  Thanks for starting this thread.  There are so many of us plagued with tinnitus.  We all wish for the day it all goes away.  My hyperacusis was so bad a few months back, the sound of typing on a keyboard hurt my ears like you would not believe.  Bad hyperacusis is complete misery, complete.  From what everyone says, the T is the last to go.  We just have to live through it day by day.  Be strong all, we will get through this.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:27 am »
My tinnitus began with my very first cut and now 48 days post jump, tenacious is a perfect symptom.
I can best relate to the description of the sound as cicadas... About a million of them! Describing the sound as a dentist's drill is close second. The sound intensity comes and goes, but I haven't been able to connect the swings to any external stimulus such as stress or diet. Generally the tinnitus is not present when I initially  awake, but neither are my constant leg/joint aches. Usually in less than a minute both are in full swing although the intensity varies with both.

I experienced hyperacusis about midway through my taper and it's almost as bad as the tinnitus. At times it seemed people were almost screaming and everything around me was very LOUD which occasionally triggered mild benzo rage. The recurrence of hyperacusis has greatly diminished post jump although I still get a brief taste now and then. I'm happy to report it usually doesn't last longer than thirty minutes or so.

While extremely annoying, I consider these sxs a small price to be benzo free.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 08:10:59 am »
hyperacusis  which is so bad that I feel noises in my body and it's [...] agonizing. I have to go to my bedroom and close the door because my partner making dinner in the kitchen and making normal kitchen sounds is too much for me.

i have to so the same thing. the kitchen noises are the worst and so are the slamming of the car doors even from miles away.  i am happy to report that the hyperacusis is getting just a little better. now it's more annoying and i still have a startle factor but doesn't feel like i am in a freezing cold pool of knives going through the body. (how's that for description ;) )?

[...], thanks for hte pink noise vid. i have it on now. where do you get white noise machines and do they have pink noise machines and what is the difference?

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
hyperacusis  which is so bad that I feel noises in my body and it's [...] agonizing. I have to go to my bedroom and close the door because my partner making dinner in the kitchen and making normal kitchen sounds is too much for me.

i have to so the same thing. the kitchen noises are the worst and so are the slamming of the car doors even from miles away.  i am happy to report that the hyperacusis is getting just a little better. now it's more annoying and i still have a startle factor but doesn't feel like i am in a freezing cold pool of knives going through the body. (how's that for description ;) )?

[...], thanks for hte pink noise vid. i have it on now. where do you get white noise machines and do they have pink noise machines and what is the difference?

Hi [...],  There is brown, pink and white noise and some people swear by FAN noise

Here is white noise  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

Here is fan noise  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qorkD6nPYQM

If you want to down load the sound and put it on an ipod, iphone or MP3 player

just cut and past the youtube URL here  http://www.vidtomp3.com/

Then load it on your device and you have portable masking sounds.

Enjoy and may it bring you some peace  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2013, 08:30:07 pm »

My best friend has Hyperacusis since birth. Its painful for her to go to places. Now I understand why.
  Thank you, [...] for this valuable resource regarding not only Tinnitus but Hyperacusis.

I know that my hearing has always been extremely sensitive, I startle really easily like someone has shot a
  gun next to me. Happens a lot. I wonder if this is just sensitive to noise or a form of hyperacusis. NOT that I am
  Looking for anything. T is enough to deal with.

To those suffering with Huperacusis, I really feel for you!

[...] :angel:

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 03:57:42 am »

My best friend has Hyperacusis since birth. Its painful for her to go to places. Now I understand why.
  Thank you, [...] for this valuable resource regarding not only Tinnitus but Hyperacusis.

I know that my hearing has always been extremely sensitive, I startle really easily like someone has shot a
  gun next to me. Happens a lot. I wonder if this is just sensitive to noise or a form of hyperacusis. NOT that I am
  Looking for anything. T is enough to deal with.

To those suffering with Huperacusis, I really feel for you!

[...] :angel:

Hi [...],  I have been talking with [...] and he had is so bad I am glad he is healing now. I had it in C/T  and it was brutal.  When my dog barked it was like a firecracker exploded in my ear and I jumped.  Things are better now but I have a long battle ahead of me in benzo hell :'( :'(

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 04:33:49 am »
Ok, this is the important one.
N-acetylcysteine (NAC)

I have been taking it for the past 4 months.   It's proven to protect the ear against high glutamate levels.  Most of the studies are about loud noises and not benzo's since no one study's benzo w/d (as we all know >:()

The idea is that when you are exposed to a loud sound like a bomb or gun shot the hairs in your ear vibrate so hard they stimulate glutamate release and then you hear tinnitus for a few days after.   In benzo w/d the glutamate comes from inside the cochlea and dorsal cochlear nucleus as the benzo is withdrawn.  So what happens is the nerves start firing the fusiform cells and you have tinnitus in benzo w/d. 

So tinnitus in benzo w/d is a chemical imbalance of the dorsal cochlear nucleus

The chemical that is missing is gaba as too much glutamate is physically around due to taking benzo's and the receptors up and down regulate to match this very real and measurable chemical imbalance.

Since N-acetylcysteine (NAC) protects the brain and cochlea from glutamate over excitation it could be one of the most useful supplements to take during withdrawal to protect brain cell's and the cochlea and will lower tinnitus after 3 weeks of use.  I know as I stopped taking it and after 2 weeks it got worse again.   It will not help w/d s/x but it may protect cells from excitation damage and promote quicker healing.

Do you own research but the data is out there (most of it is for LOUD sounds but the chemical imbalance of a loud noise is VERY similar to the chemistry of a person in benzo w/d.  And like I said no one is researching for our small community so we have too read in-between the lines of the data available.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22122955

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2012/may2012_Strategies-Protect-Preserve-Your-Hearing_02.htm

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=nac+protects+hearing&oq=nac+protects+hearing&gs_l=hp.3..0.1544.10530.0.10838.31.29.0.0.0.0.883.5827.4j6j0j5j2j1j2.20.0....0...1c.1.32.hp..20.11.1695.Jx_aTINYcfk

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=nac+protects+glutamate+receptor&oq=nac+protects+glutamate+rec&gs_l=serp.1.0.33i21l2.25002.27116.0.29721.4.4.0.0.0.0.920.2403.4-2j1j1.4.0....0...1c.1.32.serp..3.1.475.jqpxy31aG-w
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:00:05 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 05:05:25 am »
hi [...],
anything on sizzling sound in the brain?
mine is getting worse. especially at night time. sigh.
had this crap for 19 months now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 05:12:20 am »
I still take 600mg of NAC three times a day