Author Topic: Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis  (Read 229283 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis
« Reply #2390 on: May 05, 2022, 01:04:52 am »
Hi; it’s there most of the time, but almost goes away when I’m very relaxed or at night. It started after a very stressful event a couple years ago. It can get overwhelming. Is yours pulsatile or continuous?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2391 on: May 05, 2022, 08:04:09 am »
I hope you find some relief when it goes briefly goes away at least… It indeed can get overwhelming. I have continuous T, Its difficult to move on from this experience because of it. I got it from withdrawal. Acceptance is really difficult.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2392 on: May 29, 2022, 03:30:25 am »
Hello, I am getting sharp pain and fullness after I hear loud noise. Pain remains for 4-5 days. It started after 2 months off benzos and its been 2 month like this. Can somebody help me?
ENT ruled out ear infection.
My theory- After hearing loud noise everytime, My Eustachian Tube gets inflammed in left ear causing pain and fullness. Any chance they would heal back?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2393 on: July 03, 2022, 01:58:42 pm »
Did anyone here tried any atypical treatment for tinnitus like TMS, laser therapy, ozone therapy or something?

Mine is antidepressant induced and I still have a long way to taper my AD before tapering diazepam and pregabalin.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2394 on: August 06, 2022, 02:40:02 pm »
My hyperacusis and tinnitus   stopped completely for maybe over an hour in may and mine is really very server its bloody agony at the moment.. BUT is has waxed and waned here and there  from unbearable to bearable, and I didn't notice it had actually improved on and off from unbearable to bearable  until it hit yet another crescendo  :D  What I consider bearable maybe someone else's unbearable, I can only speak for myself. BUT...I'm the type of person that can usually put up with more discomfort than most if not everyone I know, and  I feel like my brains frying and going to poor melting and  bleeding outta my ears.  That's how bad well actually even worse than that when I class it as unbearable lately its at fever pitch AGAIN!! >:(

But is still fluctuates frequency wise my Tinnitus is also reactive to sounds and also ''impersonates'' different sounds and frequencies my hearing can detect and right now I can detect bloody Venusians talking with the hyperacusis. And the Tinnitus sounds like a dentist drill plus screaming banshees plus other  noises on top and it makes my ears and brain burn like fk.

And woe betide me if I touch them :o ear plugs are effing torture as well but I have to put them in sometimes although I try to avoid using them as it can make the hypersensitivity worse and as for the Tinnitus noises on top and it makes my ears and brain burn like fk      This illustration below besides lots of other unwanted crap I can actually here what's happening in the picture at the palpitation rate shown :(

Love [...] xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Did this ever settle down for you?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2395 on: August 10, 2022, 09:17:44 pm »
I'm sorry we're all in this **** situation.

I have had mild T for 6 years, but when reinstating clonzepam in January for a now seemingly mild spike, I now have wildly fluctuating tinnitus.
Some days it is mild, like before, some days it is electrical and reactive. I just realized the clonazepam is to blame here, as the sounds I hear are definitely not from noise damage, and it doesn't make sense that it can go away and then come back the next day.

Recently, I've been having more good days....tapering down seems to have a positive effect on my T, as the past 3 days were mild and non-reactive, [...] is....bad.

No one has a crystal ball here, but I'm assuming that it's a good sign that it goes away, and I'm having longer stretches of good days?
I'm on .5 mg/day down from 1 mg/day. I'm worried about future cuts.

**** Tinnitus!

[Buddie]

« Reply #2396 on: August 24, 2022, 02:17:41 am »
Any success story with prednisone here? I had a loud sound exposure 4 days ago and my pre-existing tinnitus sounds more intrusive. I really don't know if it's worth trying it given that I am tapering diazepam and also Idk if I lost the timing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2397 on: September 27, 2022, 11:19:37 pm »
Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom has disappear after this long or longer ??

[Buddie]

« Reply #2398 on: September 27, 2022, 11:25:26 pm »
Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom has disappear after this long or longer ??

Curious to know how loud is really loud?
What environments can you hear it in?

Also what does yours sound like?