Author Topic: Tenacious Tinnitus Club Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis  (Read 202278 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tenacious Tinnitus Club Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis
« Reply #2370 on: August 15, 2021, 02:13:26 am »
I think licorice root tea spiked a bit my antidepressant induced tinnitus.

I am worried... I hope it calms down soon.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2371 on: August 29, 2021, 05:25:26 pm »
I started suffering from hyperacusis several months ago. Although there's no cure for hyperacusis there are some treatments that can help with the hyperacusis which include sound therapy to get you used to everyday sounds again, and may involve wearing earpieces that make white noise. After addressing an audiologist, I bought a Serenade device at the hearing aid store (it includes four separate soundtracks that help me feel relief). I should say, it works great for me. Also, I know it is recommended as a tinnitus treatment sound therapy.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2372 on: September 02, 2021, 02:55:19 am »

Hey full - licorice root acts the opposite of blood pressure medications - it can increase blood pressure. That may be what got you on that one.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2373 on: September 03, 2021, 07:09:38 pm »

Hey full - licorice root acts the opposite of blood pressure medications - it can increase blood pressure. That may be what got you on that one.

Hey, I guess that explains it. Thank you. I was afraid before cause I read a horror story on reddit related to licorice but the noise went back to the baseline volume later.

Now my major concern is the AD switch I am doing right now as I really need to deal with my OCD before tapering benzos.

Went from 100mg of Zoloft to 75mg and also started 25mg of Luvox at the same time. Did it 2 days ago. My tinnitus yesterday was better and less intrusive, but [...] it sounds sharper. I hope it's all temporary though.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2374 on: October 15, 2021, 10:06:17 pm »
could turkey for 2 days cause mine back in 2014 i still have it to this day in my left ear   even after i reinstated 2 days after cold turkey it never went away    it is now a part of me