Author Topic: Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis  (Read 181964 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis
« Reply #2340 on: August 24, 2020, 03:05:46 pm »
Tinnitus Relief - I found this helpful

I will keep this brief as not up to long monologues at the moment but found Glenn E. Schweitzer's book, Rewiring Tinnitus and his website, rewiringtinnitus.com so helpful when it came to dealing with my tinnitus distress. Important to note the word, 'distress' there as lots of people have tinnitus but not everyone has distress associated with it and that's what Glenn's method is basically about, changing your reaction to your tinnitus. Funnily enough, people who suffer from anxiety, depression and OCD are more likely to suffer from tinnitus distress! He also does FaceTime consults with a free 15min one to see if you think they will be helpful for you. I have done one and, along with the book, have found it to be enough for the moment.

I hope this is helpful to someone.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2341 on: October 06, 2020, 04:44:16 pm »
Hi all, does anyone know if flying makes benzo induced Tinnitus worse or will it not affect it? Please, I’d appreciate your responses if any of you have been on a flight since withdrawal... Thanks
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2342 on: October 09, 2020, 10:56:48 pm »
Hi all, does anyone know if flying makes benzo induced Tinnitus worse or will it not affect it? Please, I’d appreciate your responses if any of you have been on a flight since withdrawal... Thanks
Yes, if you are sitting near the wing of the plane.  The engine makes a noise that could make temporary spike.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2343 on: October 11, 2020, 04:15:48 am »

Nothing affects mine dear. The times that I flew, it actually suppressed mine for a while after

[Buddie]

« Reply #2344 on: October 20, 2020, 08:56:45 pm »
I'm going to try lipoflavonoid

Where can I find information on this "symptom based taper" you have in your signature?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2345 on: October 21, 2020, 11:54:00 pm »
Where can I find information on this "symptom based taper" you have in your signature?

A symptom based taper means you adjust your taper rate based on how you feel.  Instead of sticking to a strict time schedule you taper according to how manageable your symptoms are.  Many members find this works better for them than rigidly following the general guideline of making cuts of 5-10% every week or so.  Instead, doing a symptom based taper you make small reductions and hold for longer if you're feeling too rough - it can make it easier to remain functional in your life.  In other words you use the general tapering guideline as a basis but remain flexible. 
Hope this helps!

[Buddie]

« Reply #2346 on: October 22, 2020, 06:20:20 am »
I have no ringing but my left ear drum feels quite full at time’s & it’s like a dull thrusting water sound. I’m not sure if anyone else has this?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2347 on: November 05, 2020, 04:45:02 pm »
Does anyone have hissing, hyperacusis, ear pain and inner ear pressure in both ears? Does it ever go away? Sometimes I get "regular" tinnitus (beeping) on top of it all but thankfully it goes away quickly and only lasts seconds.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2348 on: November 05, 2020, 07:07:05 pm »
I have hissing in my ears and head and also ear pain and inner ear pressure. I also have a morse code that comes and goes. I wish more people said these ears symptoms were getting better and eventually disappearing. This group is so quiet the silence speaks volumes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 07:26:55 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2349 on: November 05, 2020, 07:23:42 pm »
I had ear sx. They felt blocked, I had tinnitus too. Not severe. Im still tapering, but its gone for now. If you didn't have it before wd then im sure its a sx.