steroids??

[Iw...]

What can be used for asthma or bronchitis? I'm having breathing problems and am worried about steroids. I've taken them in past before benzo for breathing problems and that usually what drs prescribe, that and antibiotics. I've read some really bad outcomes here about steroids and going back into acute withdrawal. What do I do? Is there a good inhaled steroids I could ask for? What can I tell the Dr about why I don't want the pills?

Albuterol give me the shakes/adrenaline rush but I need to have it in case of a actual attack.

So I now use Ventolin which doesn't have near the side effects as Proventil.

For daily inhaler, I use Dulera (mometasome furoate & formoterol fumarate dihydrate) and that give no side effects.

I also have script for Prednisone and it still sits in bottle for only a emergency. It makes me very very wired.....shaky and upset by 2nd day. Terrible stuff but works great for a few serious conditions. Such as BREATHING! :-D

The one thing I remember vividly about steroids is the possible weight gain that can come from using daily (such as I do) these products. Yet, maybe I'm either lucky or the ingredients in these don't have the "fat bit"...as have no weight problems regarding those.

I also have Advair (NO side effects/used daily when I did use it) but have parked it this year to try the above stuff for a bit. So far, so good.

Don't much pay attention to these parts of my daily health regiment. Mind is on other things these days.

My best to you :-)

Some, yes. Anything cold medicine related tends to wind me up.

I stop anything I don't like.

Opiates, 5 day "flu" and done. Ambien for years - cold turkey, no prob. After 2 months started again (it was just me being cheap and not filling script) and now take it every third day or split in half.

The inhalers were a annoyance with the jitters, but nothing "oh my gawd I am dying"

type of reaction. I rarely get like that tho'.

Ya know...in many ways I'd say I'm sensitive to meds but sometimes I'm just lucky to be me as I recover well from whatever the prob is.

Cheerzz

Hi flowerpxwer. I'm doing much better today. A buddie who has asthma gave me some great tips and they seem to be working  ;D thanks for your response  :)

Steroid injections really mess me up in a very bad way but my asthma inhalers and nasal sprays seem to be just fine. I've used both through ought this ordeal.

I have been on every med for athsma a since I was 6 years old. Corticosteriods such as me tho prednisone or prednisone can be nasty drugs to your central nervous system. In hailed steroids creep up on you. What I mean bye that is when you take a steroid for a long period of time it tells your body that it does not need to make it by itself so production naturally slows and stops. It is called adrenal fatique and it has to do with your pituitary gland in your brain. I stopped my avail this year after a horrifying allergic reaction to me tho prednisone dose pack. It ruined my life along with klonopin. I was perfectly fine before that. Steroids have been linked to anxiety and mood disorderes. I ended up getting what is called steroid psychosis.  Be careful.  That's all I can say.

Thanks for responding Scott and flash.

Sorry that you both went through such bad experiences.  I use advair hope it doesn't cause any problems from long term use.

Flash what happened, what did you stop?

Hey iwant2befree,

Long story short is I stopped taking advantage because of two things. The first is the corticosteriods. The second it the long lasting bronchiodilator has been linked to some serious problems. When I first stopped taking it my albuterol was doing nothing where in the past I would take a couple of shots and be OK for a while. If all you need is a few puffs a day from the albuterol than while add more chemicals such as a steroid and a dilated that need to be taken twice a day as well. That how I'm looking at it. Hope this helps.

Hey iwant2befree,

Long story short is I stopped taking advantage because of two things. The first is the corticosteriods. The second it the long lasting bronchiodilator has been linked to some serious problems. When I first stopped taking it my albuterol was doing nothing where in the past I would take a couple of shots and be OK for a while. If all you need is a few puffs a day from the albuterol than while add more chemicals such as a steroid and a dilated that need to be taken twice a day as well. That how I'm looking at it. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Did you have problems when you got off of the advair?