sizzling sound in the brain.

[pa...]

had this crap for 19 months now. and, it's not getting any better.

did anyone recover from this at all?

please let me know.

love you all.

I call it "brain buzz." I'm over six months out and it's still there. It's not as intense as it once was (knock on wood), but it's there from the time I wake up until I drift off to sleep. I'm sure it's got some medical reason, like neurotransmitters shorting out and making that buzziing sound. I don't know. I just know it's there and it is probably THE most pain-in-the-butt symptom I'm dealing with...

had this crap for 19 months now. and, it's not getting any better.

did anyone recover from this at all?

please let me know.

love you all.

PO

I have this some days at 28 months off .  Also I have no  dreams since I quit . Dreams  come to me slowly just now at 28 months .

I lost 30 lbs water + benzo belly  now at 28 months .

Just to let you know you will be

okay but take hell long time .

Almost 2 1/2 years  and  I can s huge changes now .

Still sensitive to everything , meds , food , coffe , tea etc . VERY LONG TIME  TAKE THIS . But trust me will be over .

Also

Brain buzz for me may be tinnitus, but it's not in my ears. It feels like it's in the very center of my head. It just goes on and on and on and on. I can't go to sleep some nights because it's so intense. If this would fade, I think I'd probably get some rest and actually feel pretty good. This is just wearing me out. I'm at 6.5 months and expected to be doing better this far along. Groan...

I sleep with an I-pod which really helps this brain buzz.  I am finally getting 2 days of peace in a row.  It does go away.  I always thought it sounded like sizzling bacon or my head was stuck in a huge sea shell.    xo

I Googled "tinnitus benzodiazepine withdrawal" and there were several interesting articles. One of them noted that tinnitus can be a ringing sound in the ears, but also can be "heard" in the brain as a buzzing sound or ringing. So I thing the person above who suggested my "brain buzz" might be tinnitus was spot on.

I wear hearing aids and had noise-related hearing loss. I had tinnitus that was pretty constant for 10-15 years and then slowly went away. What happened was that as it went away, so did my hearing. I began wearing hearing aids in 1999, when I was just 44. Fortunately, my hearing loss stabilized and my annual checkup shows that there has been no increase in hearing loss since 1999.

The tinnitus I have had in benzo w/d sounds much different than the tinnitus I had from hearing loss. It's a higher frequency "squeal" and is centered in my brain, not my ears, which is why I've been calling it "brain buzz."

I may try using my iPod when I sleep. I've had so little sleep this week that it's really affecting my ability to maintain any kind of positive attitude about recovery. I'm just really, really frustrated at being this "out of it" at 6.5 months off...