Migraine headaches

[su...]

So I think my migraines are completely unrelated to my benzo use because I had them before I ever started the benzos. I'm pretty sure they're hormone related and I can't really fix my hormones until I get off the benzos so non-addictive symptom relief I guess is the way to go.

Stuff I've tried that has helped but does NOT get rid of the pain, just dulls it.

Feldene

Advil

Aspirin

Tylenol

Vicodin

I guess I should try Naproxen? I've taken high doses of all the ones listed, I am going to see my nurse next week but I'd like to know what my options are because I don't want to get on some crappy med.

Thank youuuu

Hi Sugar,

About naproxen, as far as I know, it's no more effective than advil, but the advantage is it lasts longer. 8 to 12 hours, I think, compared to 4 to 6 for advil. But it is a different type of NSAID, so you might want to give it a shot.  ;)

Hi Sugar,

Both Feldene and Naproxen's main mode of action is by inhibiting the release and production of prostaglandins, so athough they, along with advil, are a different type of NSAID, I would agree with Linda that this class of drugs are, for the most part, no more effective than each other.

Hi!

Imitrex works for me.  It's a prescription.  Not addictive, but expensive.  Comes in pill. shot and nasal spray.

Non-prescription care includes ice, heat, massage, caffeine.  Have you tried Excedrine for Migraines?

Jane

Hi!

Imitrex works for me.  It's a prescription.  Not addictive, but expensive.  Comes in pill. shot and nasal spray.

Non-prescription care includes ice, heat, massage, caffeine.  Have you tried Excedrine for Migraines?

Jane

Ok, I wonder if I can get that at school, I'll ask next week. Noo, haven't tried excedrin because it has caffeine in it I think. Caffeine does nothing lol