Closing this Board

[Co...]

Hi all,

We now have two new boards to replace this: Withdrawal Support and Post-withdrawal Recovery Support. I have already moved the most recent active threads from this board to the appropriate new boards. I will continue to do so as the remaining threads receive replies for maybe a week. I will then lock this board to new posts and archive it (it will remain available to read). Please do not create new threads on this board in the interim. New threads posted here will be moved to the new boards.

Thanks.

I guess this makes sense to you. All I think we're looking for is support buy getting response to our posts. It would be nice to understand how this is better or easier.

I'm already confused.  Your message is unclear to me. Why did the board  make this change with no direction? :-[

Hi Gizmo,

I think my opening post to this thread provides direction. Do you mean 'no redirect notices'? If so, that's because I moved well over a hundred threads to the new boards. This would create a corresponding number of redirect notices on this board, which would fill two pages of threads titles. I don't think this would be very helpful to members. It should be quite easy to find moved threads in which you are particularly interested by checking both of the new boards, or use 'Show unread posts since last visit' or 'Show new replies to your posts', as appropriate.

If the moved thread is not located on one of the new Withdrawal boards, a redirect notice has been left in place. There are also one or two other redirects to the new boards where I felt the original poster might have been particularly confused by the move of the thread.

Hello,

I guess everyone is confused about what happened. My board was moved into a different forum board and now a little worried that mine and your BB will not be able to follow and communicate with me. Sometimes things are for the better, but I think that his was just a dramatic change to fast. But this is only my opinion.  :) :). Hope that it works out.

Godspeed to all,

Rocket

Hi Rocket,

The only change is that the broader content which was once posted to this board is now divided between two new, more narrowly focused boards. Your threads will be on one of the two new boards (or still here if they have been inactive over the past few days). When we move a thread to a board other than one of the two boards, we do leave a redirect notice in place.