Bloating but not gas......

[ci...]

I see tons of posts about the bloating but I can't tell if mine is gas.  I get it frequently now and it feels more like there is bloating outside the intestines under the muscle.  Like the whole abdominal cavity is filled with air or water.  My stomach gets hard and springy.  Does anyone have this same sensation? Is it just widespread gas even though I don't have to fart? Anyone find relief? It makes it hard to breathe and of course makes my heart feel heavy.

I had this way before getting off and was one of my symptoms I would mention to doctors. I got it checked out and found nothing. They told me to try gas-x and stuff but it doesn't do anything. My stomach gets really tight, almost like i'm trying to flex it, but I'm not. I don't think it's a gas thing, I never fart, really. It's always causing me breathing problems and its one reason I have a hard time doing breathing exercises because it feels impossible.

I think I'm hyper-focused on my breathing and it's constantly freaking me out.

I try gas x plus baking soda plus vinegar plus just about anything.  Burping helps some but not much.  And love the way it triggers breathing issues and chest tension.  Kind of like dominos

Burping will help for a moment and it comes right back. I don't have a fix for it. Just stayed..have it right now.

Did you just start getting this?

No.  I've had it for a few weeks but I am trying to not be a hypochondriac or think about symptoms until they have stuck around for a while.  Have it right now too.  I actually went to a gi doc the other day because my other doc thought I had a hiatal hernia.  He said benzo belly is a real thing especially considering they use benzos to settle down gi issues.  Take them away and it takes a while fir the system to get back in line.  But he felt this pressure was gas even though it doesn't feel like it.He also thinks some of the feelings of heart palps are actually stomach spasms.  He gave me an antispasmodic to try.  Tried it once and felt hungover and dry mouth.

I had all kinds of GI problems on benzos, starting in tolerance withdrawal. These went on for so long that I forgot what life was like without them.

No gas, really, but increasingly, over the years, I'd hear the strangest sounds coming from my stomach. Kind of like a mini water buffalo was dying in there…?  ???

It was bad enough that I saw a doctor for it years ago, and I almost never feel the need to see a doctor. (They found nothing wrong, of course.)

It's gotten better as I've tapered, but it's still there off and on. Magnesium and acidophilus seem to help.

I've had flare ups of this along the way over the whole 8+ months. Comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. Drink water and eat buttered toast one week, constant pain. The next week eat pizza and tacos, no problems.

And I swear sometimes I must have a trigger point on my back.  If I lean back on the couch its like it starts to inflate and my muscles get tight.

They used to call it "spastic colon". I would say it is my most prevalent concern since my Benzo wd has occurred. It may let up for a day or two, but when it hits, it stays and wears me down bigtime. Physically and mentally. Courage.....

I think ice would make anything it touched contract haha.  I can't imagine how much ice and for how long you would have to hold it there to penetrate through layers of skin fat and muscle to result in a decrease in the temperature of the gas inside.  Maybe swallowing ice or a really cold drink?

I think ice would make anything it touched contract haha.  I can't imagine how much ice and for how long you would have to hold it there to penetrate through layers of skin fat and muscle to result in a decrease in the temperature of the gas inside.  Maybe swallowing ice or a really cold drink?

Unless u are very obese, it works very quickly.

I used to get very crampy gas and ice would stop it.

I had really bad stomach pains, gas, swollen belly issues for six weeks. Everything I ate caused pain, burping,cramps, etc. I took lots of gas x, mylanta, phazyme, and anything I could find for relief. Finally tried DIGEST MORE enzymes from health food store along with Ultimate Flora probiotics(30+billion), in 1 week, no more problems.  This could work for buddies with digestive, gas issues.