Any one used anti inflammatories?

[sp...]

My head is just driving me mad at present - burning pain about the size of a 50 cent piece at low neck.  Taken 6 panadol tabs a day for last 3 months and now needing nurofen quite frequently when really bad just to function.  Doc has suggested anti inflams as an option and wondered if anyone tried these for this and did it help? thanks spring

Hi Spring- What anti inflam are you wonedring about. I've taken Naproxen, no problem. I also was given a steriod, but I didn't want to take those. You can take naproxen otc 2 and 1/2 are perscription strengh.  Kel

Hi Spring- What anti inflam are you wonedring about. I've taken Naproxen, no problem. I also was given a steriod, but I didn't want to take those. You can take naproxen otc 2 and 1/2 are perscription strengh.  Kel

Is Naproxen different from Ibuprofen?

Also, I was thinking that when my back really hurts I'm always glad when I take my naproxen instead of vicodin, because it works so much better, It does seem to help with the swelling and knots and all around pain. Also I made a heating pad that you put in the microwave.It is the best thing when your neck gets those horrible knots in them. I actually made one for the crossing guard at my daughters school . He loves it Hope you feel better. Kel

Sugarlily- It's stronger, but of the same family. So you want to take one or the other

Hi Kel/sugarlily,

Cant get naproxen otc in NZ-prescription only here.

Doc prescribed brufen 800 sustained release , so one tab in morning and lasts 24hours in theory. meant for long term use so he feels better than nurofen and panadol on liver/kidneys.  I actually find heat makes head worse but cold helps-funny how were all so different!  Hope my stomach copes-i have ulcerative colitis and its been good during w/d surprisingly - dont need it to rear its ugly head now!  Taken it this morning and so far a bit better, but head is particularly bad present.

Thanks for the help

Love  spring  :smitten:

Hi,

Aleve has naproxen in it, it's the only one that I know of that's otc.  Cold packs are best for the head because it helps shrink the blood vessels etc. When you think about it it makes sense.  Swollen, irritated blood vessels cause pressure so when you shrink them the pressure goes away.

Putting your head under cold water is wonderful for pain and then using the ice packs will usually give immediate relief.

Hi,

I was taking Advil for my migraines for a while, and I noticed an increase in my blood pressure, so I spoke with my doctor about this, and he suggested Darvocet. Since Darvocet is a mild narcotic, I decided to use it only at night when the headaches and tummy aches keep me awake (almost every night), but I only take 1/4 to 1/2 of a pill maximum because I don't want to develop another dependency on a pill. I wish I could have tolerated the Advil. Most people can, but there is a warning on the bottles now for senior citizens regarding the use of Advil.

Hugs,

Genie