Crippling insomnia 15 months off

[...]

I know this is not the right section but the insomnia section doesn't seem to be very active. Is it possible that the insomnia comes back in full force at 15 months off? Am I unique or what? I tried very cautiously small amounts of amitriptyline, diphenhydramine. They seem to help somewhat but the feeling next day is not worth it.

I'm afraid there's something really wrong with me and I don't have much support from my doctor. I fact, I didn't go to the doctor since ..May probably? I feel he's useless.

What do i do?

Thanks,

Miti

Hi:

I wish I could give you an answer, but there may be no other good options for you.  I know how it is.  I take lots of pills to knock me out at night, but benzos will only prolong the day of reckoning. I have had trouble with insomnia for 16 years.  My current cocktail puts me down for about 6 hours.  However, the quality of sleep is rotten.  I don't get any REM sleep at all on the drugs.  I basically go into a coma each night with a terrible hangover the next morning.  I understand about your doctor.  I just cancelled an appointment with mine.  She is useless. Unfortunately,

doctors will just over medicate you with sedatives if you complain.  They just make matters worse.  Try to get as much sleep as you can.  You can go on heavy "sleep" meds like seroquel, but it is poison.  Maybe you need a benzodiazepine.  I take temazepam and klonopin, but I don't get much relief.  Going into a coma each night is not an answer because the drugs they give are for short term use only.  Take it easy as much as you can.  I wish I had an answer for you.

Kendall

I had severe insomnia also to the point that I thought I might die of sleep deprivation.  I think depression and anxiety were big factors in my insomnia.  I found an herb that has been a lifesaver for me for helping me sleep.  It is called kanna.  Depending on the cause of your insomnia, it might be something that will help you.  Here's some information about it:

http://voices.yahoo.com/kanna-worlds-most-powerful-antidepressant-herb-4912278.html?cat=5

http://www.sceletium.org/

This is where I have been purchasing mine: http://www.skyfieldtropical.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=39&category=

PD

I'm at 15 months off too, right until two weeks ago I had terrible insomnia. Over the past two weeks I fall asleep for about 2 hours, wake up, roll and toss around the bed until early morning when I fall asleep for about 2 hours again. During the waking hours I have constant racing thoughts.

However what I have observed is that on days when I do things that cause a lot of physical strain the insomnia is terrible, on days when I am physically less active I get this kind of broken sleep.

Maybe it has something to do with the cortisol theory.

Thanks perfect but I'm not depressed. Im pretty sure is a bad adrenal fatigue and I'm in a vicious circle. Insomnia causes adrenal fatigue and adrenal fatigue causes insomnia. Can't break the cycle.

Miti

Insomnia was one of my worst sx, now at 15 months I have lots of rituals with my diet  and exercises. I don't know if their working or sleep has just gotten better with healing.  I'm afraid to stop. 

If I would say back to the basics. If it has come back try what you did at the beginning of your journey.

Have u had a 25 hydroxy D test to see if your levels are within the optimum of 60-80ng/mL?

In March it was at 99nmol/l which is roughly 40ng/ml but it was within the "normal range" they say. Where did you take this range from? Is true that I stayed in the sun a lot when i was sleeping. Is the lack of sun my problem? I do take about 2000IU a day in oily drops form but maybe I don't absorb it. How should I know? If I go back to ask for another test my doctor would say "but you just did a test in march and was normal".

Miti

Have u had a 25 hydroxy D test to see if your levels are within the optimum of 60-80ng/mL?

In March it was at 99nmol/l which is roughly 40ng/ml but it was within the "normal range" they say. Where did you take this range from? Is true that I stayed in the sun a lot when i was sleeping. Is the lack of sun my problem? I do take about 2000IU a day in oily drops form but maybe I don't absorb it. How should I know? If I go back to ask for another test my doctor would say "but you just did a test in march and was normal".

Miti

Dr Stasha Gominak fully researched and studied with her patients to come up with the optimum range of 60-80ng/mL.

Normal lab ranges are 30-100ng/mL, but the optimum range keeps up healthy and sleeping better, unless we are on psych meds or have a disease, such as hyperparathyroidism.

Psych meds interfere with REM and slow wave sleep where our body is supposed to be healing.

She recently, found that our gut bacteria play a role with vitamin D in making our B vitamins.

Those with IBS have to get their gut flora right and sometimes take B-50 for a couple months to get their sleep better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH850CDQ00Q

here are some charts to figure out how much D to take

http://www.grassrootshealth.net/index.php/documentation

I know this is not the right section but the insomnia section doesn't seem to be very active. Is it possible that the insomnia comes back in full force at 15 months off? Am I unique or what? I tried very cautiously small amounts of amitriptyline, diphenhydramine. They seem to help somewhat but the feeling next day is not worth it.

I'm afraid there's something really wrong with me and I don't have much support from my doctor. I fact, I didn't go to the doctor since ..May probably? I feel he's useless.

What do i do?

Thanks,

Miti

i would get the Vitamin-D checked , apparently it has a lot to do with insomnia. :)

Hello Mitigate,

This happened to me also around that time. Don't know why it does, but it went away in a few weeks for me. Maybe it is a part of the healing process.  :thumbsup:  hopefully it will go away for you soon.

Godspeed to you.      :thumbsup:

Rocket