tinnitus question

[Be...]

does a "normal person" (lol) have any level of tinnitus? I realized early that mine has decreased a lot! which makes me very happy because it was at the point of driving me insane at night...

I literally have to put my fingers in my ears to hear it, which was a bit of a let down cause its still there...

but, I wondered then, would that happen with a normal healthy person too? if they close their ears off  completely would they hear a ringing too? I cant remember, I remember you hear a slight roar, like listening to a seashell, but I can remember if I ever heard ringing or not..

just curious

Yes, people who don't or have never taken benzos can have tinnitus. My brother has it in his right ear. But for some reason benzos can cause tinnitus while you take them, not just as part of WD. Glad yours has improved.

People do yes. But i know mine is w/d cuz its lowered in volume consistently over time and at times its gone completely. Its a faint hiss right now

ok, I got yall confused, I havent had any sleep in about 5 days and counting...

my question is, would a "healthy person", without tinnitus, hear a slight ringing if they stick their fingers in their ears and close them off...

I remember as a kid I would hear a roar, like listening to a seashell, but I dont remember if I ever heard ringing...

the ringing now is slight, when I close off my ears, would that be normal?

ok, I got yall confused, I havent had any sleep in about 5 days and counting...

my question is, would a "healthy person", without tinnitus, hear a slight ringing if they stick their fingers in their ears and close them off...

I remember as a kid I would hear a roar, like listening to a seashell, but I dont remember if I ever heard ringing...

the ringing now is slight, when I close off my ears, would that be normal?

My countering question is why are you sticking your fingers in your ears?

Seriously though, I think yes. I remember doing what you did at times when I was a kid.

I think the ringing now could be due to use of benzos or happening as par for the course since people who don't use benzos get tinnitus, like my brother. Link below on tinnitus, but my guess is it is related to the benzos and will go away with time (and perhaps sleep in your case as lack of sleep can ramp up certain WD symptoms). Now get some sleep!

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-tinnitus-basics

haha well, I saw the word on here and it made me stop to see how mine was, and I couldn't hear it, so I stuck my fingers in my ears to see if it was still there, even then its very faint, maybe its gone! :thumbsup: