NO short term user here ?????????????

[US...]

I have been reading lots of post and Only found may be two short term user stories.    :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :brickwall:

the only decent one I found was this http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=76225.msg1010288#msg1010288

I REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG IS MY SUFFERING.  I ONLY USED KLONOPIN FOR 3 WEEKS ON AND OFF .25-.5 MG

I USED IT SHORT TERM BUT AM PAYING THE FULL PRICE.  THIS WAS NOT BY CHOICE I DID NOT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BENZOs

I never had any medical condition

I took Klonopin for 3 weeks as needed .5-.25 mg I started Oct 4th and stopped Oct 25th its been close to 30 days I am free of Benzos

I am having some really bad days and few ok days JUST OK DAYS then the symptoms creep up on me.  How long you think I can put this behind me

1-2and week were pure hell the symptoms return but not as bad as 1st week. 

Stomach burning, gas, burps, growling and indigestion is the main complaint

Burning in the shins and legs are bad too

I start feeling sick after taking Klonopin for 1 week I do not know why I did not stop and because I did not know what Benzos were.  Now after taking Klonopin for less than 3 weeks I am going through Hell. Before I was not like this. Insurance paid $25000 worth of medical bills for all tests to be negative.  I had to pay $800 out of pocket for Co-Pays.  During this time I saw my doctor 10 times and went to ER 7 times.  I even donated blood thinking it was blood issue but it was not did not feel any better. 

what a waste of time.  I have spoken to 8 doctors tell me that my symptoms are not Benzo WDs.  I am in the same boat as you but I trust the people here more than I trust doctors.  If you keep going to them they going to ruin your future and give you Psycho label and make a never ending file out of it.  Becarefull what you tell these docs and stay away from ER because all they do will give you more Benzos. 

PLEASE chime in

Hello, sorry to hear of your suffering.

If you were only on for 3 weeks the good news is you WILL recover. No one can tell you how long it would take but at 3 weeks I just can't see it taking too long?? Did you just stop taking them? Like cold turkey??

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting bad long term after 3 weeks use.

I hope you feel better soon!

Fonz

Hello, sorry to hear of your suffering.

If you were only on for 3 weeks the good news is you WILL recover. No one can tell you how long it would take but at 3 weeks I just can't see it taking too long?? Did you just stop taking them? Like cold turkey??

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting bad long term after 3 weeks use.

I hope you feel better soon!

Oct 25th was last day and one 1mg dose of Ativan Nov 4th during ER visit. 

I am feeling so much pain and agony, symptoms coming and going.  I only had two decent days but today and last night was so bad. Not as bad as 1st week.  I did stop C/T but I was only taking .25 mg.  I did not even know what Benzo's were.  I have  never taken any medication or drank any alcohol all my life. 

Fonz

Hi there,

Yes, it's true that you don't see many short-term users stick around for very long (there are exceptions of course).  This is because they heal relatively quickly, leave, and get on with their lives. In fact, most members, whether short, medium, or long-term users, leave with no fanfare when they are feeling better.  Most never post success stories, they just leave and are never heard from again.  I know this dismays some here, but it's only human nature, after all.

Don't worry--the symptoms you are having, as scary as they may be, are only temporary.  You will heal!

:thumbsup:

I hope so I have not slept or had a normal life since Oct 4th when I took my first Benzo dose.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

So sick of this its been almost 30 days and I only had two ok days???

I am hurting. 

There you go, listen to Megan!  :thumbsup:

Do you mind if I ask what they gave you Benzo's for?  You don't have to answer, just trying to relate. I was given them for Panic/Anxiety/Agoraphobia.

There you go, listen to Megan!  :thumbsup:

Do you mind if I ask what they gave you Benzo's for?  You don't have to answer, just trying to relate. I was given them for Panic/Anxiety/Agoraphobia.

Come on we all buddies here do not be like that you ask anything you want except my Social security Number.  I went to the doctor for Heart palpitations I had for a few days.  I wished I never went

Hi USA,

I'm a short-term user and I'm still here.

I only took 7 X 5 mg and 1 X 2.5mg valium tablets over a period of 3 months. A total of 8 pills, 37.5 mg of valium in total.

I didn't know I was having interdose withdrawal until the last time I took a valium on 11th June 2013 and I haven't touched it since.

My symptoms were mild in comparison to most here, but they were significant - nausea, hot flushes, obsessive thoughts, anxiety, insomnia, constipation, prickly/stinging skin.

Now I'd say I'm about 80% better. Sleep is slowly returning and prickly/stinging skin flares up at night, still have a bit of constipation but all other symptoms are gone.

It's taken nearly 6 months for me to get to this point. 30 days isn't very long, so don't give up hope!

I believe you will heal and it seems that you're starting to get some windows.

I'd also like to add that I scoured this forum for stories of short-term users and I found plenty of stories of people who, like you, only used benzos for a few weeks. Not all of them healed quickly (many do, of course) so don't lose hope and think there's something wrong with you if you're not healed quickly. Different people heal in different time frames.

Hahah its okay i dont need your social security number :P

I wonder why they gave you benzo's for heart palps?? I guess it was for anxiety.. they seem to give them out tor virtualy everything!! Its madness.

You will get more windows and heal!

Cheers,

Fonz

I was a short term user. Was on lorazepam for 3 weeks and stopped but Ihad withdrawall sx like Ihad been on for years. I should have stayed off and waited but I  reinstated thinking believing tapering would make me have no withdrawals.  I was wrong

Even scarier, before what lead up to the event of taking loraz, I took half a clonazepam once and just that through me into a withdrawal like state. It was gradual but I began feeling dr and dp, tachycardia, hover sleep and buzzing in my body and shivering. Yes you read right. Benzos are evil.

Basically I thought i was going crazy cause my doctors thoroughly convinced me. Well I went to the er a month later due to panic and funny sensations in my chest. While there I reluctantly accepted lorazepam though I should never have. I didn't know what else to do. Absolute night mare year. If when Iget through this, ill write for mad in america cause Ihave a story to tell about this evil shit, if they let me.

Anyway sorry I'm ranting 

Sleep for me is every 2-3 hours I wake up.  I have head tightness, today no burning sensation but body aches and fatigue. 

I do not know what to do with myself sometimes. 

thanks for the encouragement.  So you took Citalopram as well?

my doc prescribed to me after I told him Klonopin was not working and I took one dose of 40 mg and Straight ER visit. 

what the hell these doctors thinking.  and that was Oct 27th. 

I have been off Benzo since Oct 25th but was given one Ativan on Nov 4th during ER visit.  It flared everything up.  Such pure hell.  I literally felt like I sitting in middle of a fire pit. 

I am feeling 60% today I hope I do not get any waves or nothing back

Oneday i also got hit hard after four weeks...seizures....brain zapps non stop panick attacks...then gad state panick attack state without panick attackss and so on....after injections things went worst ...physical symp stoped...but mental ones bdyond agony...ii thinif windows will back .i iwill wait till its deacent amout of them like 3 good and one bad........thats it success story ....i dont need more

Hi USA,

Yes I'm still taking citalopram.

Doctors tend to just throw more drugs at the problem because they don't recognise our symptoms to be what they are.

I think the biggest problem about withdrawal is that we tend to panic when we go into a wave. The nature of the thoughts that come with withdrawal are obsessive - so we think 'I'm never going to get better'. Then we look for something, ANYTHING that will make the pain stop. Then, not knowing where to turn we rush to the doctor, who gives us more pills which only exacerbates the problem.

But the only thing that helps is time. (For me anyway).

In the beginning I tried every supplement, herbal remedy and alternative treatment under the sun to try and make this go away. Nothing worked, I am hypersensitive to everything. In the end I realised the best thing to do was absolutely nothing.

USA, if I could give you one piece of advice it would be: don't panic when you get a wave.

The truth is you WILL probably get more waves - and that's okay - this is the nature of withdrawal recovery. Just know that you WILL get windows too and the windows get longer and the waves get shorter.

Don't be tempted to go on any other meds to fix this. The only way around withdrawal is through it.

It takes time; sometimes more time than you would like, but you WILL heal.

Hi USA312,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. You're right that there are not too many accounts like this on here. In general, people who use benzos for less than 4-6 weeks are able to discontinue without too much trouble. However, we've certainly seen other people on here who have had severe problems after relatively short term use.

Overall, I don't know that it matters -- that is, the odds are you will recover faster than someone who ran into problems after long-term use, but the general pattern may be the same. You will heal over time, but it may not be linear, and you may go back and forth between feeling OK and feeling very anxious. It's okay to be anxious. It can't hurt you.

You'll get through this; my best advice is to try not to obsess about it too much. Anxiety is a fickle thing, and it's very possible to contribute to it with certain kinds of thinking.

Hi USA,

I'm a short-term user and I'm still here.

I only took 7 X 5 mg and 1 X 2.5mg valium tablets over a period of 3 months. A total of 8 pills, 37.5 mg of valium in total.

I didn't know I was having interdose withdrawal until the last time I took a valium on 11th June 2013 and I haven't touched it since.

My symptoms were mild in comparison to most here, but they were significant - nausea, hot flushes, obsessive thoughts, anxiety, insomnia, constipation, prickly/stinging skin.

Now I'd say I'm about 80% better. Sleep is slowly returning and prickly/stinging skin flares up at night, still have a bit of constipation but all other symptoms are gone.

It's taken nearly 6 months for me to get to this point. 30 days isn't very long, so don't give up hope!

I believe you will heal and it seems that you're starting to get some windows.

I'd also like to add that I scoured this forum for stories of short-term users and I found plenty of stories of people who, like you, only used benzos for a few weeks. Not all of them healed quickly (many do, of course) so don't lose hope and think there's something wrong with you if you're not healed quickly. Different people heal in different time frames.

I second that, I only used Lorazepam for 2 weeks, stopped and after 3 days I was in hell, with doctors advice I went back on Diazepam at 10mg and it took me 4 months to taper off, 1 mg per week down to 6mg and then 0.5mg per week down to 0

11 Months, 21 days later and I am still in hell.

I'm praying that im healed for Christmas as last Christmas I was bedbound in severe post withdrawal agony.

I guess I was just one of the unlucky minority, never done any sort of drug before and have never done one since coming off, ive not had 1 beer in 17 months, my diet is flawless, no sugar, msg etc, everything cooked from scratch and im still trying to climb my way out of hell....

Life is so unfair, I hope we all reach the other side soon.

Best Wishes All

Woofs

Hi USA,

Yes I'm still taking citalopram.

Doctors tend to just throw more drugs at the problem because they don't recognise our symptoms to be what they are.

I think the biggest problem about withdrawal is that we tend to panic when we go into a wave. The nature of the thoughts that come with withdrawal are obsessive - so we think 'I'm never going to get better'. Then we look for something, ANYTHING that will make the pain stop. Then, not knowing where to turn we rush to the doctor, who gives us more pills which only exacerbates the problem.

But the only thing that helps is time. (For me anyway).

In the beginning I tried every supplement, herbal remedy and alternative treatment under the sun to try and make this go away. Nothing worked, I am hypersensitive to everything. In the end I realised the best thing to do was absolutely nothing.

USA, if I could give you one piece of advice it would be: don't panic when you get a wave.

The truth is you WILL probably get more waves - and that's okay - this is the nature of withdrawal recovery. Just know that you WILL get windows too and the windows get longer and the waves get shorter.

Don't be tempted to go on any other meds to fix this. The only way around withdrawal is through it.

It takes time; sometimes more time than you would like, but you WILL heal.

I agree with you here completely. this is excellent information and I feel everyone should listen to this.  :thumbsup:

I was a short term user for insomnia and stress. I used about 9 x 5mg diazepam and 10 x temazipam over a 10 week period. Was never warned about withdrawal risks from less than 20 pills...

I got the full monty of acute withdrawal...the first week was hell (everything except seizures, hallucinations) and the first month was all fairly ordinary but noticably better than week 1. I still had significant anxiety and depression related symptoms (never had either before - all benzo induced) until month 3 - mainly chest pains and depression. I decided not to take anything for this.

Since then I now only have some lingering symptoms...which are a bit annoying but dont change how i feel about life at all (insomnia - cant get long sleep cycles or nap, low libido from too much cortisol, lower energy/vibance than baseline).

It all gets better. For me its not like a cold or even a broken limb where it all disappears overnight or recovery is quick. But slowly one by one the symptms for me have subsided and life is all good again..all with a new (better) perspective on life too :-)

one extra thing - ive taken my recovery fairly seriously so have not touched alcohol for 6 months and i did not have sugar in the first month. ive also been fairly vigilent with getting light exercise 4-5 times a week. 

i think this may have aided my recovery or at least ensured i didnt get any flare ups (ive never gone backwards with my symptoms - or had any waves).

its also good to try and find acceptance with it. try and find ways to relax yourself and not to focus on our symptoms. it will heal itself in time so try not to torture yourself in the process.

good luck with it :-)

that's pretty good I have been doing the same light exercise 2-3 times a day. just sticking to simple food and lots of yogurt seems to help my

stomach a lot.  thanks for taking the time writing.  I get sleep but I wake up several times is not solid but I am getting some sleep.

hope I am moving forward

Oneday i also got hit hard after four weeks...seizures....brain zapps non stop panick attacks...then gad state panick attack state without panick attackss and so on....after injections things went worst ...physical symp stoped...but mental ones bdyond agony...ii thinif windows will back .i iwill wait till its deacent amout of them like 3 good and one bad........thats it success story ....i dont need more

Wow that's terrible. How long did it take siezures to happen?

I was on 3mg of lorazepam for 3 weeks and man was I ever hit hard when I stopped. 4 days of terror, waking up very cold and uncomfortable in the morning plus feeling like I'm dying. Super hot at night burning up. Having to crawl to the bathroom. Body frozen and could only move so fast which scared the heck out of me 2 hours of sleep then waking up wide awake for the rest of the day and so much more. Words don't doit "justice" I don't think. If I could I wouldo back to thn suffer it out because as bad as that was i Im worse now but in different ways. My body has taken too much over these months.  And I can't do another acute, not in this state. Plus 7 + months on this stuff tapering I am worried.

By the fourth day I felt like I had made a little progress, but I didn't know any better to stay off. That night my cognkition came back so I researched and from what I saw it appeared I sould reinstate. now i regret

i used klonopin for 1 month and ativan . 50 for 3 months and had a HORRIBLE withdrawal and am now a year off but still going thru some symptoms..things do improve..my body is still mega sensitive tho..but i am 150 percent better then i was last year...its a journey.. we will all get thru it..

I was a short-term user and it took me around 8 months to start feeling normal again.  Everybody is different though.  Make sure you maintain a healthy diet and to exercise if you can.  Listen to your body and find a support network of people who love you.  It's not an easy process.

thanks for all you feedbacks.  so does not matter how long we use this the recovery is lengthy and like hell. 

I have lost total of 20 lbs over the past month and keep going..