Author Topic: Small Setback  (Read 3580 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Small Setback
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 04:49:19 am »
MSG, maybe it's an old habit the Chinese Rests. kept from decades ago.  In the sixties and seventies, it was very popular called, Accent.   My mom used it on everything and it made stuff taste good.  And my dad had an anxiety disorder and she was making him worse and he probably didn't know it.   I never had a problem with MSG pre benzo's, but sure do now. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:11 am »
Thanks everyone I am going to stay focused and stay away from Chinese food
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:55:54 am »
You are going to b fine. Just think of it as a blip. You will b 100% healed. Waiting for your success story.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 04:12:01 pm »
[...]: please also be careful with stuff like Campbells soup and even packaged soups...lots of MSG in those. If the can says "25% Sodium Reduced" then it is just regular salt and not MSG. I've really had to learn to read labels. Also, if you're sensitive to MSG right now, then sulfites may also bother you.  This is a preservative found in many things like salami and other processed meats. I stick to roasted chicken and even take off the skin if pre-roasted at the store because they sprinkle them with flavor enhancers. Another rude surprise for me turned out to be Swiss Chalet...it is on just about everything in their menu (the MSG).