Author Topic: Small Setback  (Read 3579 times)

[Buddie]

Small Setback
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:05:21 am »
I just hit 18 months benzo free and I can't figure out what is happening. I have been doing good for months and now I started having panic attack and now my heart rate won't go down. I did go eat Chinese food but I have done that before and have done fine. I haven't had a panic attack in months and I never had them before until I started taking benzos.  I have major head pressure and been having lots of thoughts about death again and not sure where this is all coming from. anybody else experience this at 18 months . I am so frustrated!  I have be em doing great.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:23:03 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Small Setback
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 03:16:18 am »
Bump
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 03:52:29 am »
[...], did it happen right after eating the Chinese food? I had a horrible reaction to sushi be ause they used msg. It could just be a wave, but I bet it will be short lived, your windows are getting bigger. You'll get there real soon  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 04:11:19 am »
About an hour after eating and it just niw started ti settle down again. It just sucks. I just want to be normal again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:15 am »
Yea it was probably that, based on timing. I know it's frustrating.. But you are having huge breaks now, you are SO close. Keep being careful for a while and you'll be 100 percent! 

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 04:15:19 am »
[...], there are chinese restaurants that dont use MSG.
good luck. i hope u feel better soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 04:23:50 am »
I worked with a guy who got incredible palpitations and panic attacks any time he ate Chinese food because of the MSG and he had NEVER been exposed to benzos in his life. Just shows how sensitive people can be to MSG even without benzos in the picture. Pre-benzo I could not eat Chinese because Id be very sick for days with migraine and vomiting. Just want you to not feel discouraged. MSG really can make ANYONE sick, not just you. Now you are sensitive to it, doesn't mean that you aren't almost healed. I developed MSG allergy later in life before benzos. Please don't be discouraged.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 04:30:02 am »
I wonder if the Chinese restaurants are using something other than MSG but which is really glutamate anyway and then they say no MSG? 

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:18 am »
is anyone sure they use it so widely?
ive made it at home, the chicken one w ginger in the sauce and no msg and it tastes like what they have in restaurants. so....why would they use it :wacko:

[Buddie]