Taking remeron tonight for the first time. Very nervous.

[os...]

Denise,  im not sure yet.  I heard the smaller doses have a greater effect but im afraid to take 15mg so i may start out with a quarter of that.  I have a swollen voicebox and it drives me nuts.  Feels like im choking and thats why i was put on the ativan.  Turns out the ativan causes so much dehydration that it made my throat even more painful due to extreme xeromstomia.  I completely lost my voice on the ativan.  Now that i have weaned down my voice is starting to come back but i still have the lump in the throat.  I am in a real catch 22 because it makes me swallow non-stop.  The doctors think i have silent reflux and possible neurological problems.  I havent slept more than 3 hours at a time in 8 and a half months.  I wouldnt even know what its like to wake up feeling rested. 

I've been on Remeron for about 3 months now. Am on the highest dose (45mg)... I had some side effects, mostly some panickly like anxiety, in weeks 2 -3 but eventually it went away. personally it doesn't help me much with sleep, but for most people it does. i would say wait it out, it will probably be worth it.

I was on it in my first few months of withdrawal, highest dose of 15 mg. I found the low dose helped me sleep a great deal.

Talk to your doctor, and go slow with your doses. I found a 1/4 or 1/2 tab to be best help for sleeping.

I'm no longer on the med and sleep just fine now.

I wish you all the best!

Its the best. It has been a huge help for me during and in the aftermath of my hospital detox. It puts me in a blissful coma and I wake up startving and I can eat. A bit of a hangover for the first few days though. I take 30 mgs but I hear 15 is good too.

Yeah, the 3.75 dose knocked me for a loop!! Drowsy the entire next day. But, I got 7 hours of sleep at that dose. No matter what I take, I can't sleep past 4:30 am. Years of habit, I guess. I was a farm girl. Up early every morning.  :)

Warning!! It will dry your mouth out. Bad!! So, keep some water by your bed.

Good luck with it tonight.

Denise  :smitten:

Its the best. It has been a huge help for me during and in the aftermath of my hospital detox. It puts me in a blissful coma and I wake up startving and I can eat. A bit of a hangover for the first few days though. I take 30 mgs but I hear 15 is good too.

Does the 30 leave you sluggish the next day?

Thank you all for the replies.  I am quite nervous about the dry mouth because the ativan has caused me to have severe xerostomia and dry throat.  I am up so much during the night.  Last night i must have woken up 20 times to drink water, at least a half gallon.  Im afraid if i double the drying factor and dont wake up to drink im going to gag worse than i already do.

Just take a teeny weeny bit.  I think they're capsules, aren't they?  I open capsules and take some of the powder out and just take a bit, then you won't get too much and can always take more after a few hours or the next night.  I asked the shrink if it's ok to open capsules and do that he said it was.  I thought it would make a difference not putting into the stomach, but he said it doesn't. 

Denise,  im not sure yet.  I heard the smaller doses have a greater effect but im afraid to take 15mg so i may start out with a quarter of that.  I have a swollen voicebox and it drives me nuts.  Feels like im choking and thats why i was put on the ativan.  Turns out the ativan causes so much dehydration that it made my throat even more painful due to extreme xeromstomia.  I completely lost my voice on the ativan.  Now that i have weaned down my voice is starting to come back but i still have the lump in the throat.  I am in a real catch 22 because it makes me swallow non-stop.  The doctors think i have silent reflux and possible neurological problems.  I havent slept more than 3 hours at a time in 8 and a half months.  I wouldnt even know what its like to wake up feeling rested.

I was diagnosed with laryngopharyngeal reflux due to a small hiatal hernia. I know what you are going through. I have a glass of water by my bed and have to sip it every couple of hours through the night.

Its a pill not a capsule so i broke the 15 mg into four pieces.  I never even took aspirin before any of this happened to me.  I hate it

Its a pill not a capsule so i broke the 15 mg into four pieces.  I never even took aspirin before any of this happened to me.  I hate it

There are two forms. The quick dissolve ones are pills.

BTW: I have Remeron sitting on my bedside table too. It has been there for 4 nights. I'm trying to survive without it. I don't want to get hooked on another drug. I had a rough night last night but am going to try another night without it.

Does the 30 leave you sluggish the next day?

Its hard for me to separate wd from med side effects because I am such a mess.