Author Topic: Taking remeron tonight for the first time. Very nervous.  (Read 3639 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Taking remeron tonight for the first time. Very nervous.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 02:31:42 am »
I found that I had a dry mouth. Weight gain is very common too. I lost 20 lbs during my taper though, so it was good to gain it back!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:28 am »
Would something like honey in water help keep your throat coated?

[...]  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:02 am »
[...],   im not sure yet.  I heard the smaller doses have a greater effect but im afraid to take 15mg so i may start out with a quarter of that.   I have a swollen voicebox and it drives me nuts.  Feels like im choking and thats why i was put on the ativan.  Turns out the ativan causes so much dehydration that it made my throat even more painful due to extreme xeromstomia.  I completely lost my voice on the ativan.  Now that i have weaned down my voice is starting to come back but i still have the lump in the throat.  I am in a real catch 22 because it makes me swallow non-stop.   The doctors think i have silent reflux and possible neurological problems.   I havent slept more than 3 hours at a time in 8 and a half months.  I wouldnt even know what its like to wake up feeling rested.

I was diagnosed with laryngopharyngeal reflux due to a small hiatal hernia. I know what you are going through. I have a glass of water by my bed and have to sip it every couple of hours through the night.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:22 am »
Its a pill not a capsule so i broke the 15 mg into four pieces.  I never even took aspirin before any of this happened to me.  I hate it

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:58 am »
Its a pill not a capsule so i broke the 15 mg into four pieces.  I never even took aspirin before any of this happened to me.  I hate it

There are two forms. The quick dissolve ones are pills.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 02:52:07 am »
BTW: I have Remeron sitting on my bedside table too. It has been there for 4 nights. I'm trying to survive without it. I don't want to get hooked on another drug. I had a rough night last night but am going to try another night without it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 11:55:59 am »
Its the best. It has been a huge help for me during and in the aftermath of my hospital detox. It puts me in a blissful coma and I wake up startving and I can eat. A bit of a hangover for the first few days though. I take 30 mgs but I hear 15 is good too.

Does the 30 leave you sluggish the next day?

[...]  :smitten:

Its hard for me to separate wd from med side effects because I am such a mess.