Crossing Klonopin to Valium, any regrets, plus questions

[So...]

I am having a very hard time with the Klonopin. I don't know if I am not taking enough, but I am still getting some anxiety at .25. But, that dose leaves me feeling very lethargic, and a foggy brain from being so tired. It is also killing my appetite, which I don't need. Or, have I not given it enough time yet? I have only been on it for two weeks. I don't know what to do.

So, I am curious if Valium would make me feel better?

I have a few questions about how it feels crossing from Klonopin to Valium.

Did it make you more drowsy? If so, does that ever ease up?

Do you regret crossing to valium?

Can you dose only one time a day with it? Or, does it have to be dosed more often?

Did it make your taper easier? With fewer symptoms?

Did you have the foggy head on it?

Did it kill your appetite?

Were you able to work, drive, and function better on it?

I'm sure that I will think of more questions later.

Thank you for your help, my BB friends!!

Denise  :smitten:

Hi SophiasNana,

I crossed over, but I didn't do the math correctly and switched to a lower dose (per Ashton)

of valium, so I'd advise doing the math correctly.

I don't like klonopin, and I find the valium to be a gentler, um, toxin.

I break up the pill and take it during the day. That may be psychological, but that works for me.

No regrets, and driving is ok. I felt foggier on it at first, so I waited to drive.

You're nice and low on the klonopin and I think the dose of valium would be 5 mgs?

Hope this helps,

all my bestest,

Iggy  :smitten:

Hi SophiasNana,

I crossed over, but I didn't do the math correctly and switched to a lower dose (per Ashton)

of valium, so I'd advise doing the math correctly.

I don't like klonopin, and I find the valium to be a gentler, um, toxin.

I break up the pill and take it during the day. That may be psychological, but that works for me.

No regrets, and driving is ok. I felt foggier on it at first, so I waited to drive.

You're nice and low on the klonopin and I think the dose of valium would be 5 mgs?

Hope this helps,

all my bestest,

Thanks Iggy!!

I am actually taking .25 in the morning, .25 in the afternoon, and .50 at night.

Were you more foggy and tired on the Klonopin? Did the lethargy let up?

How long did it take the fog to clear on the valium? I am at two weeks on Klonopin, and still foggy.

How often are you dosing?

Sorry for the twenty questions!  :)

I crossed over to V from Klonopin when I got down to .75mg K.  I couldn't handle the cuts anymore.  I was very happy I did it.  I took about 15-17mg to get the equivalent.  I was very groggy for the first few weeks and then it cleared up.  The widrals were still there but much smoother for me to deal with.  I was no longer able to consider myself functional(live alone, need to work, drive, etc...) on the K so I had to do something.  I dose twice a day.  When you cut it can take up to 8 days for the symptons to hit so be careful you don't go too fast on V.

I still have foggy brain but I think that is from any benzo.

The taper is a bit smoother but I wouldn't call it easier.  It is a brutal process and I hate it right now. 

Finally, I would have crossed over a lot earlier if I knew how much better it was to taper off of than K.

Good luck! Drew

Hi Denise,

are you taking what Ashton suggests for the crossover?

My body, I think, still lusts for the klonopin, as my crossover wasn't mathematically Ashton-correct.

So, it's hard to tell.

But valium is safer.

Fog-wise, I've had fog for years with CFS, so I'm used to that.

But at first, I got more fog. It sort of faded back to the CFS fog in time. I don't remember how long that took,

but it definitely got better.

I put a pill in a container, write down the date and time, and cut a piece off when I feel like taking some--

I think it averages to four doses a day.

Any other questions, don't hesitate. Nothing wrong with questions--

bestest,

My problem right now is that I am trying to stabilize from a c/t, and get myself prepared for some surgeries that I need. I became very ill from the c/t of xanax and lost over 40 lbs in three months.

I was hoping that the valium would take care of my anxiety, but not be quite as harsh as the klonopin on my body.

Also, that way I would be ready for tapering when the time came.

What do you think?

1 mg of K is equal to 20 mg of V.

I would love to be able to just take that at night and it get me through the day. But, don't know if that would be possible.

How much Valium are you down to know? If you don't care that I ask? And, you don't have to answer.  :)

Denise,

Are you off of all benzos for almost three months?  If you are I would advise continuing to suffer through it.  Once you reinstate it can be harder to kick due to kindling.  Just my opinion as I don't want anyone suffering more than we all have too!

Denise,

Are you off of all benzos for almost three months?  If you are I would advise continuing to suffer through it.  Once you reinstate it can be harder to kick due to kindling.  Just my opinion as I don't want anyone suffering more than we all have too!

My Dr put me on Klonopin two weeks ago, due to health reasons listed in previous post. Believe me, I don't want to be on them. But, I became very ill and need to have surgery. But, can't in my condition.

Drew, the entire time you were on Klonopin, were you able to function with minimal brain fog?

And, did the fatigue ever let up?

I am just so tired of the fatigue and brain fog!! If it would just let up a little, I wouldn't feel so bad.

Denise,

I had every damn symptom in the book.  You name it I had it.  It would have been easier to check off what I didn't have.  The symptoms are different for everyone.  Some pop up every now and then and then leave.  I have always been exhausted even when I wasn't tapering.  Cog fog is usually when I reduce, but I generally notice I am much stupider all the time than ten years ago.  ;D

But, during your six years on Klonopin you were at least functional?

I am going to be on this, or Valium, for the next 6-8 months. Once My surgeries are over with, and I am healed, then I will begin my taper off of this crap.

I just want to be functional while this is all going on.

Please give me some hope.  :)

I was in tolerance withdrawal unknown to me at the time. I was taking more n more to just function. Sorry I can't tell you much more as everyone is different.