Very worried

[On...]

The sub shop that has been basically keeping me alive and sane is goijg to be close thurs-sun. Theyre 80% of my calories each day. And one of the only things I trust. Im 126 lbs 6'1. I dont know how to make up those calories. Im afraid tobtry anything else cuz a lot of foods send my bp and hr dangerous. Even some fruits and veggies. And my bp monitor just broke so even I push through and eat other stuff, I wont know when my bp or hr is dangerously high. Im scared, not sure how ima make it through the weekend. Even a half a overripe peach sent my bp to 153/106. Pb&js sent it to 150/110 before. Now I dont even have my bp momitor saftey net

Yes they make all their ingredients daily, including homeade bread. Id freeze em but you cant freeze mayonaisse which is my daily fat source

Get some without mayo and freeze them. Put the mayo on when they thaw. Find out what kind they use and buy the same thing. There has to be a solution.

Why don't you make your own subs?

Or what about Meals On Wheels or Community Kitchen, is there one where you live?

It might be a viable option for you.

If you need help making up those extra calories surely your doctor could refer you to a nutritionist?

They make their own mayonnaise? Are you sure of that? Olive oil is a great source of fat and is a healthy fat. There are other sources of fat but it depends on what you have reactions to. Other fat sources are:  Olive oil, Canola oil, Sunflower oil, Peanut oil, Sesame oil, Avocados,  Olives, Nuts (almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews) and Peanut butter though nuts and peanut butter can cause issues for some because they are high in natural glutamates.

What are the foods you can eat?

What I found on Tyramine that it is a substance found naturally in some foods. It's especially found in aged and fermented foods, such as:

Aged cheeses

Smoked fish

Cured meats

Some types of beer

Also, foods high in protein may contain more tyramine if:

They have been stored for a long time

They have not been kept cold enough

If you need low tyramine and certain foods make your BP rise (things like an overripe peach) I'm wondering if a low GI diet would help. GI index accounts for foods that cause blood sugar to rise. Lots of things that are healthy or seem benign can trigger high blood sugar. Certain ripe fruits and certain veggies have a medium to high GI index.

Here's info on low GI diets:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/glycemic-index-diet

List of foods and their GI index

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/

A peach is low on the index, but overripe fruits have a higher index. I don't know if this helps but it might. You'd have to remove foods that trigger issues from you from the index but you might be able to find things this way that could work for you.

If you need fresh bread that is made daily, do you have a Panera near you? They make fresh bread daily. Actually multiple times a day.

And if the sub shop makes their own mayo everyday, then you should be able to find a recipe and make your own as well.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/11053-basic-mayonnaise

Or one of 100's of other recipes online. Adjust the ingredients to whatever your body is currently tolerating. I'm sure if you purchased 4 subs and told the people working there you have food sensitivities they could let you know what is in the mayo in exchange for the purchase of 7 subs per week.

Oh boy. This is why I refrain from commenting on your threads OneLove24. Instead of graciously accepting ideas and thanking people for taking the time to respond we are met with blunt refutations of why said ideas will absolutely never work.

Best wishes in your recovery.

I do appreciate your response innadaze, I was merely asking that questiom. I need to expand my foods anyway. Dont think I'm not grateful for your help

OneLove, many times I see you asking for help but then focusing on the negative of why it won't work. It gets frustrating. Try to get rid of those negatives. This isn't all about the mayo, it's about trying to move forward. Would love to see you continue improving but sometimes the doubt can get in the way. Really do wish you the best. I know it is impossible to be cheery and upbeat all the time in w/d but try to imagine a good future and moving towards it. I'm in a wave and cranky now. Venting is great sometimes, but we need to keep that positive vibe overall. That's our best way out of this!

Yes they make all their ingredients daily, including homeade bread. Id freeze em but you cant freeze mayonaisse which is my daily fat source

I had a friend that froze their subs with mayo and they tasted just fine.