SIX MONTHS OFF TODAY!

[Te...]

I've already posted several comments and suddenly I realized that today marks sixth months that I have been off benzos!

All in all, I'm doing pretty well. I was in a wave over the weekend but it began to fade about noon yesterday and I remember watching TV with my wife last night and thinking how "normal" I felt.

I woke up in kind of a daze, but it's slowly clearing up and I'm getting sweatshirts and stuff together for my morning walk.

I know a lot of people seem to be doing really bad at six months, but I'd say that I'm about 50-60 percent of the way to where I want to get. I think that by 10 to 12 months I should be "mostly healed." (If I'm not, well, I'll deal with it then...) I am comfortable going out and doing things in public, driving, etc. I'm still a bit uncomfortable in social situations, but I think I've always been like that.

The craving for Valium has long since gone away. I foolishly dealt with anxiety for a while by drinking shots of bourbon, but it's been a week since the last time I had any alcohol and I notice that I do feel more clear-headed without the booze. I have rare d/p and d/r, but nothing so severe as during my first two months. The main lingering symptoms are the ever-present "brain buzz" and my cognitive functioning just isn't quite up to par, yet.

Overall, I was hoping I'd be doing better by six months, but seeing what others are going through I guess I was overly optimistic. I'd say I'm doing "better than average" overall, but I am still dealing with waves that hit for 2-3 days and then fade, only to be followed by ever more clear windows.

Life is good. Not great, but it's good. I'm really glad I did that c/t back on May 26. It's been a tough journey at times, but it feels so good to be free of benzos now for half a year!

Excellent !

So glad to hear your heading towards better days. I hope everyday things get better and better for you. Youve been through a hell of a journey .Now your heading towards healing :)

~Jenny

i am happy for you Tex and i am sure you can count yoursel to be one of the

lucky ones. 50-60 percent at half a year off .......is real good news. congratulation. :thumbsup:

50-60% at 6 months is excellent! Especially off a CT. I think you are going to be one of the people that heals very well and while not as quick as you hoped, still fast. That is great! Congrats on your progress!

Congrats Tex!  It sounds like you're doing really well. Good on ya for ditching the ethanol too. It's ok to have one or two once in a while according to Ashton, but don't depend on it.

That's impressive your craving is gone. It's still very intense for me still and is frustrating.

Stay positive and maybe you'll get a great Xmas gift this year!

Sounds like you are trucking right along Tex, great! 50%+ must be a really nice place to hang out  :)

Hope the coming 6 months will get you the rest of the way to healed and on to REALLY enjoying life again.  :smitten:

Congrats Tex!  You have reached the 6 month mark and should be so proud of yourself.  I still have 3 more months to go to get where you are at. 

Keep up the good work

Peace and Blessings

Snufi

Congrats Tex!!!  It's awesome to hear how you're progressing and how even after working through a little setback you're doing so well and feeling even more clear-headed!  And like someone mentioned, it really is remarkable that you're doing so well after a CT!!!  I'm right behind you, hitting 6 months off on Thanksgiving.  I do have to say that it's a pretty nice reminder that I do have a lot to be thankful for, and finally being free of these drugs and fully understanding what they're all about is a huge one!  Here's to accelerated healing for all of us over the next 6 months!

Congrats, Tex :thumbsup:

I'm so glad that you ditched that weekend wave in time to celebrate your 6 month mark. And one week w/o a drink isn't anything to sneeze at either. You're on your way, man.

rosa

Congrats Tex! 

I am at 6.75 months and right around 6 months I was disappointed where I was but now realize it was a little wave.  It was nothing but a "hitch in my giddy up".

Now at 6.75 I feel like I am near 75-85% healed!  This month the relentless and ruthless anxiety has left, and the depression has lifted!

May the healing continue, and you never know, full healing could happen much sooner than you project!  It did for me. :D

All the best!

Awesome, Tex!

And you didn't slip back in to a rescue dose.  Great job.

If I had to choose between taking a benzo post-taper or doing bourbon shots, I would do the bourbon shots also.

I am at 9.5 mg V (down from 40 mg V at start of my taper) so I am envious (but happy for you).  I have my symptoms even while still on benzos so I wonder how my body will react post-taper.