Endoscopy, scared!

[ha...]

I'm scheduled for a endoscopy next week. I'm really scared, my stomach has been a mess through this whole process. Is it painful? How do you feel after?

Don't be scared.  Easiest thing ever and no pain.  The nurse just told me to relax and I was out and the next thing I new it was over.  I didn't even realize they were putting me under.  They were real sneaky about it.  No nausea and I felt great the rest of the day.  They sedated me with propofol. 

Hope it goes as well for you,

Mama2

Don't be scared.  Easiest thing ever and no pain.  The nurse just told me to relax and I was out and the next thing I new it was over.  I didn't even realize they were putting me under.  They were real sneaky about it.  No nausea and I felt great the rest of the day.  They sedated me with propofol. 

Hope it goes as well for you,

Mama2

What Mama2 said. It's a total piece of cake. Please don't worry. The entire process takes about 20 minutes and you're under so you don't even know what's happening. No pain at all after. You just get up and go home when it's done. You don't feel scared or groggy. It's like it never happened. I'd rather have one then go to the dentist. Benzogirl.

Piece of cake. Propafol was used for me, too. You're out so you don't feel a thing. No after effects. And if your stomach is a mess you really need to find out what's happening in there. In my case I had an ulcer and I was glad to find out about it. Easy to treat.

Don't worry.

Okatz

How does proprofol affect WD?

Snufi

I was in tolerance when I had the procedure.  I don't know if that would be the same as being in w/d, but like I say I had no problem.  I had lots of anxiety going in since I was in tolerance.  When it was over I was calm as a cucumber.

Mama2

[78...]
One more vote for piece 'I cake.  Had one last summer and was nervous, too.  If you're able...you can dump the fear.  Once you breath in Propofol, you wake up in no pain:)

Ask them not to give you Versed ( the benzo),just Propofol.Its safe in withdrawal,trust me i used it 4 times during withdrawal for various procedures.You will wake up and wont believe its OVER.Easy,fast and safe.Nothing to worry about.Good luck! :smitten:

I never heard of people being put to sleep for endoscopy , as far as I know they just spray something in your throat to numb it that's what they did to my nephew who had it done , I had something similar done , they put a long wire with a camera at the end of it in my nose and down my throat , they didn't numb it and it was very uncomfortable but not painful , I have a phobia of being put to sleep, I get scared I'm not gonna wake up so in my case I would rather do it wide awake .

I had to have one of those one time (pre-benzo).

I was really scared for it too.

Afterwards, I didn't remember a thing.

Try to keep calm and not worry yourself unnecessarily (easier said than done, I know).

:smitten: