Beta blocker eye drops advise

[Ma...]

Hello buddies. I have another question.

My ocular pressure is bad. Its been bad for years and I never took te beta blocker drops. My sight is so bad now and my optic nerve is getting bad. I really need to take them now and I'm scared. Can someone give me some advice? I really need to keep my sight. Lol. Thanks guys.

I took beta blockers for Graves' while I was tapering.  They are known to help with headaches and I also had been having migraine auras, most likely from the Graves' and when I took the beta blocker that stopped.  Not sure if that helps as I'm not sure what your question is.

Thank you wwwi. I guess I just wanted to know if a beta blocker would hinder my healing. I don't want to start over. I worked hard to get here. Lol. (Really all I did was wait bit it was still hard.).

I was on a normal dose for several months, bumped that up when symptoms were excessive from both Graves and w/d.  I just tapered off of the drug with little problem.  It has not impacted my recovery and was helpful to use at the time. :)

Eye drops? I didn't realize that this could be done. If it is eye drops then you will not get the same dose in your system as you would if you took an oral pill. Even an oral pill if needed, is important to take. In your case your eyesight is at risk. If it were me, I would use the beta blocker. Many buddies use them for palpitations and BP issues and they REDUCE symptoms. I think you will be okay. Please take care of your eyes sweetie...they're important.

Maymay, why don't you try it for a few weeks. you can always stop if it messes with you and try again in a few months.

Your right. I just didn't want it to start me over.

Many people on here are on beta blockers to help get through withdrawal (I was too).  I think they are one of the few things that can actually help if they are needed and not set you back.  (exceptions always apply).  Also, if they are the eye drops for elevated pressure in the eye, then I do not believe they are beta blockers.  I think they work another way by increasing flow of liquid out of the eye.  I was on it for a while since I have high-ish eye pressure.  And the eye pressure is not related to blood pressure.

Good luck at your appointment.