any tips for cog fog

[fr...]

i am powering through the final part of a taper and getting hit with cog fog. i have slowed the taper down via liquid titration, but i dont want to prolong this for too long. does anyone have any tips for dealing with the lack of concentration, light sensitivity and slight headaches (what i assume is what everyone calls "cog fog")? is this primarily a taper symptom or will it be there after full discontinuation. does it get better each day? i assume this is healing...

i am powering through the final part of a taper and getting hit with cog fog. i have slowed the taper down via liquid titration, but i dont want to prolong this for too long. does anyone have any tips for dealing with the lack of concentration, light sensitivity and slight headaches (what i assume is what everyone calls "cog fog")? is this primarily a taper symptom or will it be there after full discontinuation. does it get better each day? i assume this is healing...

Coffee helps sometimes. I can tell you it is absolutely not strictly a taper symptom. I did not taper and have it still. Some people are lucky and don't experience this, or it could go away when done with a slow taper. Most of us have it after jumping and it can last for some time. Eventually it heals at our own individual rate.

I agree with Innadaze that this is not simply a taper symptom, but definitely it's been there throughout my w/d and early recovery phase. I'll hit six months tomorrow and by and large the cog fog and stuff is gone, although my memory still isn't up to par and at times I just seem "frozen" when it comes to trying to think what to do.

Your cog fog may not be so bad since you tapered slowly, but most people seem to have it regardless of whether they did a taper or a c/t. So, hang on. It does get better. It just takes time!

Same conclusion here… it's part of the process and we just wait it out.  It goes away slowly but it goes.  Be careful with caffeine… it may rev you up unpleasantly.

Challis  :highfive:

Another vote for caffeine if you can tolerate it.

I cut it out for awhile when I was in acute wd. Decided to try a decaf coffee a few weeks later (which of course has some caffeine) and I was absolutely amazed at how much more alert it made me feel. It wasn't a huge improvement in the scope of things but it is about the only thing that takes the edge off the cognitive stuff.