Elevated Sex Drive

[Re...]

My sex drive has gone through the roof since I jumped. It's not as great as it sounds because we've got a baby, my wife is tired etc. etc. Has anyone else had this? Does it drop off after a while?

My testosterone levels were really low on Valium but have bounced back, so I would imagine that this is part of the story.

Hi Reducto,

Mine has been bouncing around like my emotions and my appetite. Sometimes ravenous and other days don't even want it. Our brains are trying to heal and I think certain parts of the pleasure center of the brain get wacked during this healing ! Definitely no fun if mama is always tired though !!

AMA 

for a while, i could not stop thinking of sex whole day.

now, it's the other way around. can't think of sex.

hopely, it will even out soon for you.

take care.

[3b...]
My poor patient sex-deprived husband.  I became very ill with chronic migraine in May 2013, the migraines stopped and I went right into w/d.  My sex drive is trashed.  Glad to here some become insatiable after taper.  My husband is hoping that is the case.

Yes, don't worry, Willdoit. I was dead from the waist down for months. Libido should come back like everything else.

As symptoms go, an elevated sex-drive is hardly torture. Nevertheless, sexual frustration is no fun at all. I really hope it levels off. I've spent so many years popping various pills that I don't really know who I am or what normal is. Perhaps I'm a 24/7 horndog and I just never knew it.

I can tell you this, ever since I got to the end of my taper and jumped things work a hell of a lot better haha.. It's one of the few perks I'm noticing! 

I had my hormones tested when I was tapering off of klonopin and my nurse practitioner told me that my testosterone was low.  I think most people know this, but women have testosterone too, just not as much as men.  She actually wanted me to use a testosterone patch, which I refused.  I haven't had my hormones tested since I've gotten off the klonopin, but I have a feeling that my testosterone isn't low anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PD,

Glad to hear you are not questioning your T level anymore.  ;D

You really slammed that taper from 2mg in only 5 months. Good for you !

Patrick

right after the c/t, i felt my brain put down pressure on the 'pleasure centers". it was like all of the nerves were being affected by what my brain was doing. kinda awesome and yet pretty scary too. it wasn't a normal sensation. i actually felt a pressure in those places. that all went away and now i'm left with nothing :'( just kid--but it did go away.

Hi PD,

Glad to hear you are not questioning your T level anymore.  ;D

You really slammed that taper from 2mg in only 5 months. Good for you !

Patrick

Thanks Patrick!  :)