Valium elixer

[An...]

Has anyone found that when they use a valium elixir, which contains 10%v/v ethanol plus other ingredients that they have had increased withdrawal symptoms. I would like to try mixing my tablets in water or milk but they don't appear to dissolve completely. I am making very small reductions as I have significant increases in withdrawal symptoms even when reducing 1ml each 10 days. I'm concerned about the accuracy of the milk and water methods. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Annahita

Hi Annahita,

I would not try to mix valium tablets in water as it does not dissolve, but mixing in whole milk is a good idea if you want to try it.  The fat is the key as valium dissolves in the milk fat.  If you put it in water it will suspend and may work well enough, but milk is a big improvement.

On the elixir, any time a change in drug delivery is made it can feel like a cut.  I'd give it a few days and hold or do a small updose if symptoms are too strong.  :)

yes innadaze it is alcohol but a very small amount.

Thanks SG57

I have read about the fat solubility. I am holding at the moment so I can gauge the milk solution more accurately. Thanks

Some people have a rough time with the liquid. I was crushed after trying just 1mg liquid Roxanne.

Switched to all milk and still took me a week to stabilize but much better.

Don't worry about the mixing w milk - I was as well, but it works! Whole milk is the key.

I use a compounding pharmacy and they use pure Valium powder which they dissolve in almond oil. It is transparent so you can see through the almond oil. This could be a substitute for milk. I don't know however if the binders and fillers in the Valium pills also dissolve in almond oil

I would think the compounding pharmacy would know which medium is the best to use for certain benzos and they decided almond oil was a good choice for Valium powder

Rob