Testosterone Injections and Benzo Withdrawal-Please Help!-from "Mr. Scared"

[an...]

I'm posting here for another member; Mr.Scared, He's not getting much help where he first posted this, so here goes (Admins please help us out and fix how we did this, thanks, Anastasia);

Hello i have been on HRT for over 10 years.... I am trying to taper off 4.5 mg of valium and over the last 6 months every time I take my testosterone injection within 6 hours my anxiety and terror goes threw the roof for 24 to 35 hours. My body does not make testosterone on its own and according to Perseverance this could stop me from healing?? It's 4am here I'm such a mess... If I just stop

Taking my injections my body and depression would be very bad... My doctors don't know anything about this.... Please please any one out there any input or help...I tried to send Perseverance a msg and guess he's not taking messages....any know if my injections will hurt my healing...I'm freaking out right now.... Please help me wt any info....good or bad I need to

Know

Thanks sooo much

Mr scared in Canada.

Sorry what does bump mean??

Hi, I "bumped" your thread so that it would rise to the top of the list.  That way more people will see it.

Hello i have been on HRT for over 10 years.... I am trying to taper off 4.5 mg of valium and over the last 6 months every time I take my testosterone injection within 6 hours my anxiety and terror goes threw the roof for 24 to 35 hours. My body does not make testosterone on its own and according to Perseverance this could stop me from healing?? It's 4am here I'm such a mess... If I just stop

Taking my injections my body and depression would be very bad... My doctors don't know anything about this.... Please please any one out there any input or help...I tried to send Perseverance a msg and guess he's not taking messages....any know if my injections will hurt my healing...I'm freaking out right now.... Please help me wt any info....good or bad I need to

Know

Thanks sooo much Mr scared in Canada.

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering so much.  It seems logical to me that infusions of testosterone could cause heightened anxiety, etc, since other hormones like cortisol have a similar effect.  However, this is really something you need to talk to your doctor about.  Your doctor needs to know about your taper, too.  We are not doctors here and cannot give you direct medical advice, so you really need to get in-person help with this issue.

I wish we could do more, and maybe someone else here might have some experience in this kind of thing.  But this is an unusual issue, so you may not get a lot of answers to your posts right away.

:smitten:

Megan

Just came across this post about testosterone and HPA axis , did a quick google search and found a research paper link there.

Sharing it here in case it can be of some help to Mr. Scared.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1470424/

All I understood from the conclusion on last paragraph, page 6 of this research paper is that testosterone replacement therapy decreases cortisol and increases ACTH.

I haven't fully understood the relationship between these so someone with more knowledge about HPA can elaborate if it is a good thing or a bad thing for him during Valium taper.

Hello my doctor gave me test pills called Andriol 40 mg per day... I'm praying they work......other wise I will try hcg. Benzo WD is hard enough I can't beleave I have to deal with this hormone problem at the same time makes everything soo much worse. I'm super scared about all this.... Any more input would be great I'm in a panic for sure...

Mr scared

Hi Mr. scared. 

The monthly shot is a big hit all at once.  Maybe one of the the new skin gels taken daily like Andro gel would be better as they would lease slowly and not hit you all at once.  They are very pricey however.

Birdy  :smitten:

Another option is much more frequent injections of testosterone cypionate. Some bodybuilders inject daily. You could try injecting every few days or weekly to reduce the variation in your T levels and see what happens. Andriol has a pretty variable absorption rate among individuals and may or may not work out for you.

Hello Bart, yes I tried taking 75 mg cyp. Test once a week and still my anxiety flew off the charts within 24 hrs from the time of injection. So today I tried my 40 mg Andriol ur right i don't know how much my body will absorb but I'll try it for a few weeks and see what happens. My taper is going great but I now  realize for the last 5 months all my crazy flare ups were due to my test injection. I just thought since I've been on HRT for over 10 ten years, I wasn't that, but it was 100% and I was too blind to see it.... Well I sure know now. Next I might try testosterone enth. I will give an update in a week..I sure notice depression in the last few months since I've lowered my test dose. But long as I can get stable on my hormone level then I'm happy.

Mr scared

Hey S

Testosterone enanthate may work better for you than cypionate. Since we are all anonymous here I will tell you that when I was into hard core bodybuilding the guys I worked out with and I preferred enanthate to cypionate. The difference is enanthate will give you lower peak serum levels but stays around longer than cypionate. We also had a little less fluid retention with enanthate and competitors could go easier with diuretics at contest time. We could still get our T levels way up with just an increase in dose and the accumulation effect. You might try injecting twice a week or every other day and see what happens. My old workout partner's favorite stack was 100mg of cyp just before our workouts which were 5 days a week. He used cyp in the off season because it was  cheaper and he didn't sweat a little more fluid retention. Before contests he would use enanthate. Your dose will be a lot less as you do not need super-physiologic levels.  I never got much effect from andriol. Halotestin was my favorite oral T. You need to get off it more quickly though due to liver toxicity. Generally, injectables are better than orals as liver toxicity is less of a concern. Funny, but just like with benzos, we knew a lot more about steroids and other PEDs than the local doctors and just used them for our supplies. You could get lucky with andriol. You can't stay on HCG if you go that route. A 3 week course of daily injections at the end of a steroid cycle is what I some others used. Hope this helps.

Bart