Testosterone and Benzo WD please help...

[Mr...]

Hello I'm on testosterone therapy since I've been on it for ten years my body does not make its own, over the last few months in my benzo WD every time a take an injection my anxiety goes threw the roof  for one day... I feel the lower I get in my benzo WD the worse this will get.... Please I'm very desperate for any input from any one..

Thanks for any input..I can't live  like this for a year..

Mr scared in Ottawa.

I'm not advising this, but what happens if you don't take the testosterone? Have you talked with your doctor about it or sought their advice on temporarily stopping?

I don't know anything about testosterone treatment, but something as minor as changing my glasses prescription affects me. Do you take this "T" very often? If there is no option but to take it you might have to plan ahead to distract and endure the following day. Don't plan anything for the next day and take it easy or do lots of walking. I've had many days where all I could do to battle the anxiety and restlessness was walk and walk all day long. Take care!

Hello does any one know if the HPA axis is effected by hormones then you wouldn't be able to heal from your Benzos.... Please any input would be great..

Mr scared

Hi Mr Scared,

I'm female and at a month off I was diagnosed with very high testosterone in May 2013. The treatment for this was Diane 35 ED a contraceptive pill full of oestrogen. Starting this pill made WD a lot more bearable for me. Everytime I stopped Diane my WD would become absolutely horrendous. I think Testosterone plays havoc with our GABA receptors.

Sd

Have you had your testosterone tested lately? Perhaps you don't need as much now. I think benzos can affect our hormone production. Perhaps your body is making it's own now.

Its because with the shot it gives you a big spike followed by a slow taper down. Try splitting up your dose twice a week or even better what I do is give myself a small subQ shot in my stomach fat daily and it keeps my testorone levels nice and even and I have no issues. Plus it does not hurt one bit. I use a 1/2" 28g insulin needle to do this. I take .08cc daily. Give it a shot i bet you will like it much much better. Stay strong this benzo crap is awful and takes forever but you can do it. Just get off the crap and then the real fun begins but at least you know one day it will lift.  Hang in there.

yes it wreaks badly with the HPA axix. and testerone, like progesterone, DHEA & pregnenlalone all act on GABA. i was taking progesterone inserted vaginally but was too much for me so now i just put the inside of hte pill on my legs like a cream. some is going in but not like it would if it was vaginally. it was causing severe waves.

can you try a different testerone where you can put it on transdermally? just for a little while until the HAP axix balance's itself?

Benzos definitely mess with the hpa axis and our testosterone levels. First few months I wondered why I was losing muscle so fast and felt so weak. I checked my testosterone levels at month 5 and the levels were low in total and free. At month 7 they jumped back up to 550 and above normal for free range. I've seeing the difference now because I'm gaining my muscle and strength back. If your body can permit it, intense workouts and sex can help boost your testosterone. It's been working for me along with consuming enough vitamin D and zinc. And of course time for our bodies to begin producing it normally again.

Hello since my body does not produce

Test on its own, I'm going to lower my dose to 75 mg every 7 days and see if that helps. If I stop

Taking it I will be in big trouble wt depression, I could try taking Clomid to restart my body to make test again, but Colmid would send my anxiety threw the roof right now.

I'm in a bad spot right now wt benzo WD and hormone levels... any one else with any input would be great.... Thank you

Mr scared

My testosterone levels were negligible on Valium, Mr S, and I used Androgel for nearly four years. My levels are now back in the normal range and I no longer use the gel. It is possible that your body is still capable of producing testosterone, so I would definitely experiment with lowering your dose.

If you had normal testosterone levels before benzos then they should return to normal after you are completely off. Once you are off benzos then the real healing can begin.