Anyone been on both ativan and klonopin?

[So...]

Which one made you feel worse?

The klonopin is killing me. I did try one ativan, but can't really say if I felt any different since it was only one. I just need to feel better, so I can get off this crap!!

Denise  :smitten:

Problem is, it is hard for you to tell if you feel better with the Ativan while still having the K in your system. It makes the picture of what feels better or worse a little blurry, if you see what I mean. Is there any way you can just take the A for a few days and then see how you feel? This tactic may give you a clearer idea of how you are reacting to the A.

I may try that. This klonopin is a killer!!

I know that both make you feel fatigued, but the klonopin is literally killing everything inside of me.

If I hadn't already suffered one c/t, I would do it again and pay the price. But, it was a nightmare.

I am now a huge advocate against reinstating!!

Problem is, it is hard for you to tell if you feel better with the Ativan while still having the K in your system. It makes the picture of what feels better or worse a little blurry, if you see what I mean. Is there any way you can just take the A for a few days and then see how you feel? This tactic may give you a clearer idea of how you are reacting to the A.

Also, how did the ativan make you feel?

Were you always groggy on it?

No, not groggy. For the first few weeks it just cleared my anxiety. I was even able to do a part time job. By week 5, the paradoxical stuff began with super anxiety and panic attacks. I can't say I ever felt wiped out on it when it was still working for me, just released from the anxiety.

When I tapered I switched to V which doesn't feel like anything - no tiredness, no anxiety relief, but then I am paradoxical to benzos so I might be reacting differently to someone who is not p.

PS: I have had Clonazepam a few times in the past and it made me sleepy if I recall, but then I only had it extremely rarely so I wasn't used to taking a benzo...maybe that is why it made me feel sleepy.

I had Ativan once in the ER while unknowingly in klonopin tolerance about 9 or 10 months ago. It made me feel relaxed for the first time in many, many months. Klonopin never, ever did that.

I'm a bit confused as you say you are on K but your signature says benzo free for over 3 months? Have not been reading much the last couple weeks. Hope all is well with you  :smitten:

Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. I am still tapering and at 4mg V right now. I am tapering from Ativan use of 6-8 weeks using Valium as the taper drug.

Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. I am still tapering and at 4mg V right now.

Oh, my comment was for the original poster SophiasNana. Sorry for any mixup.

I had Ativan once in the ER while unknowingly in klonopin tolerance about 9 or 10 months ago. It made me feel relaxed for the first time in many, many months. Klonopin never, ever did that.

I'm a bit confused as you say you are on K but your signature says benzo free for over 3 months? Have not been reading much the last couple weeks. Hope all is well with you  :smitten:

Yeah, I need to change my info.

I c/t'd off of xanax on 8/4/13. I was put on klonopin 10 days ago due to health reasons. I hate it and want off of it now.

I do have some ativan and was hoping it would not make me feel as bad as the klonopin.

I should never have been reinstated. If I could safely be off it in the next week, I would do it.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that the klonopin is not helping. Looking back on my time taking it I hated it also, never really helped or felt any kind of stability while taking it. Wish I had not continued trying to take it for so long, but had no other options at that point really. Only option left was to stop taking anything and see what happened. Still not enjoying it but someday it will all pay off. So, yea, fwiw I did feel better after that one time taking ativan.

Hope your health issue is improving and you are feeling better very soon!

Took a .50 ativan for my afternoon dose and don't feel quite as fatigued on it.

Hopefully this will work a little better. That klonopin is a KILLER!!