Sinus Pain

[ma...]

I can't find the link for this method but I read it the other day and it seems to work...  In essence, it says that airways and sinuses often close because of too little CO2, quick breathing and mouth breathing.  So, close your mouth, take a breath in and exhale slowly through nose and then pinch it shut and hold your breath.  Nod your head up an down while holding and keep holding until you feel the big urge to inhale.  Inhale slowly and repeat 10 times.  This allows CO2 to build up, which is good, causing airways to dilate.

I have tried it and my sinuses opened up dramatically, but mine seem to be swollen and not pure congestion from mucous.

I can't find the link for this method but I read it the other day and it seems to work...  In essence, it says that airways and sinuses often close because of too little CO2, quick breathing and mouth breathing.  So, close your mouth, take a breath in and exhale slowly through nose and then pinch it shut and hold your breath.  Nod your head up an down while holding and keep holding until you feel the big urge to inhale.  Inhale slowly and repeat 10 times.  This allows CO2 to build up, which is good, causing airways to dilate.

I have tried it and my sinuses opened up dramatically, but mine seem to be swollen and not pure congestion from mucous.

This is called the buteyko breathing method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-3dt9L72c

This is called the buteyko breathing method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-3dt9L72c

That's it!!! thanks

i love the way breathing into a paper bag feels. i just did that type of breathing cirerecrem, not good for me at this minute.

made me dizzy and tired. but i can tell that it does open up the passages.

Pretty, taking deep breaths makes me dizzy.  I think in those of us that are anxious or frazzled any change in how we do things sets off a cascade of issues.  It takes practice to get us used to something new and to convince our bodies that nothing bad is happening!