Sinus Pain

[ma...]

I have to take Zomig which is a prescription medication for migraine headaches. My sinus headaches become migraines if I don't take it. The med gets rid of the sinus headaches for me. I have quite a bit of inflammation and congestion which has gotten a lot worse in benzo withdrawal.

That is what happens to me.  The sinus headaches turn into migraines.  I have to take Maxalt sometimes everyday.  The congestion seems to be getting worse.  Do you have to take it everyday, or can you take it everyday.  I see that it is a triptan drug like Maxalt. You are the first person I have heard say that there sinus headache turns into a migraine.  I was afraid taking the Maxalt so much was giving me a rebound migraine.

I'm taking it about twice a week. I take a twenty-four hour allergy pill almost daily as it cuts down on the headaches. You are also the first person I had heard say that their sinus headaches become migraines. Did you know that there are many types of migraines? Some don't even produce pain.

Which 24 allergy pill do you take?  I was trying to read up on that.  Benzo brain I have forgotten what I read.  Isn't there a migraine of the stomach?

my sinus pain becomes migraine too. now i wonder if this is a benzo related problem when i hear that more than 2 people have the same thing. it does make me hopeful that it is just a benzo related problem because then it has the chance of going away. not that it couldn't go away otherwise.

what works for me is taking a benadryl with excedrin together. sometimes at night if i wake up with headache i will take 1/2 benadryl and 1/2 excedrin so i don't take too much. that combination along with a few sips of orange juice helps me to fall back asleep easier.

I use a menthol inhaler and tylenol.  Sudafed does have a stimulant effect but it sure works....but not good for people who already are anxious or having palpitations, etc.

Also, mucinex is great for thinning out mucus.  It also has a secret side effect of relaxing muscles, so that could be nice!  It is a very nice medication and really works.  Mucinex.  Or any generic guaifenesin.  I've taken it for years with NO problems.

I read with interest all the responses , hoping to see my situation but it did not come up ..

In this withdrawal , I have been suffering with my sinus  and the inside of my nose feeling sore and painful , and smelling bad odors that do not exist ..

My sinus causes my breathing to shut down , and anxiety to start building up ..  :'(

It is a vicious cycle , that cycles in and out.

There are no headaches or migraines .. I wonder if anyone here has suffered this ,

and what was done to get some relief .

Thank you for any help .. Wishing everyone healing thoughts ..

Anu 

YES!, big sinus troubles with kl w/d!

During taper cycles my right side sinus closes at night. Struggle to breath,waking in a.m. after my lungs stop working..panicking I have been able to restart my lungs on occasion but usually I cant,then twist like a pretzel-black out and have a grand-mal seizure.

Took a higher dose of klonopin one night and my nose was clear all night!!! No congestion at all.

Started taper and having breathing issues followed by seizures for over 3 years now..not quite dead yet.

When I have really wretched congestion, I do jus take sudafed (the real stuff you have to get behind the counter, not the new off-the-shelf stuff with Phenylepherine in it instead of pseudoephedrine. Pseudoephedrine really works, phenylepherine is "worthless" according to my pharmacist).

Yeah spengler,I went to the pharmacy the other day for some Sudafed,tried to buy 2 boxes and left empty-handed because the assistant thought that was suspicious.Now Ive seen Breaking Bad so I know why Sudo is controlled but Jesus,I'm in the UK where there's very little to no M-amphetamine problem.Anyway I digress lol,so I went to my doc and he prescribed me 100 Galpseud which are just pure S-ephedrine.Ive been taking them for a couple of days and they clear any runny nose up but the sinus pressure thing is just as horrible.

Ive had this for many years but since 8 months ago when I quit Valium its been 10 times worse.I wonder if the Benzos caused the problem in the 1st place.Sometimes I even wonder whether its my sinuses at all and maybe its just really bad pressure from tensing my neck muscles all the time because of W/d.All I know is its my very worst symptom by far.I don't know what to do about it any more.Anyone else got any more decent advice??

Thank you yet again mrtmeo .. :)

I never thought of saline!! As far as vitamin D, I cannot take it any more , because it revs up my system .. :(

I hope that all is well with you.

With warm appreciation,

Anu :smitten:

I have been dealing with this for a few weeks and it is driving me nuts.  Every evening my sinuses slam shut and I can barely breath.  No real mucous, just inflammed.  I do assess moldy buildings frequently so I know that has something to do with it but this is different.  I use afrin when I must open up a nostril.  I also use a neti pot but it doesn't seem to do much.

Today I went with some stand by stuff.  First a product called sinus buster.  It has capsaicin so it hurts like hell for a few seconds but it really opens it up.  The next is boiling water with Vicks in it.  If anyone else has ideas keep em coming!

[af...]
Welldone...did you beat your chest to get your lungs to work???? The garbage you people post here is hard to believe. You are all afraid of everything..vitamin D..really????. Why don't you all stop eating and drinking.

Fruss, I use otrivin . I don't get blocked up every night. Usually for a few days then it stops. I don't think u are supposed to use nose drops for more than 2 wks at a time. I have used dime tap nose drops too. Both work well.   

Anoushka, that bad smell thing happened to a friend of mine when she went on fentanyl patches. She said she could smell a foul dead body smell!  Now she gets an alternating smell, a lovely sweet fresh smell! It must affect that part of the brain.  It is common I have been told with certain drugs. 

Hugs Pinkee

Anoushka,

i have had that weird foul and other odor's smell's a fwe times. i think it was coming directly from my brain when a certain pressure was in a certain place. all of a sudden i could smell certain things that were obviously not in my immediate surrounding as if it were right in my nostrils and mouth. it was bizarre. i smelled things like fire, carpet fibers, certain laudry soaps and may other things. it happened about 4-5 times. i really think it was directly from my brain rememering things or it having a certain pressure on it.

Welldone...did you beat your chest to get your lungs to work???? The garbage you people post here is hard to believe. You are all afraid of everything..vitamin D..really????. Why don't you all stop eating and drinking.

2bemeagain!  We are a support forum!  Your comments are far from supportive and not welcome here.  Please refrain from posting these types of abrasive and uncaring remarks. Our members deserve respect, no matter how much our opinions differ. 

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members.

Rules and guidelines:

Magrita

Thank you yet again mrtmeo .. :)

I never thought of saline!! As far as vitamin D, I cannot take it any more , because it revs up my system .. :(

I hope that all is well with you.

With warm appreciation,

Anu :smitten:

Hi Anu,

I have read about people saying D bothered them and they tried powder D instead.

Not sure if that would help or what D you had problems with.

Please don't let other's comment's bother u.

What u r going thru is real and needs respect.

We are all here to help.