Author Topic: Sinus Pain  (Read 8238 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Sinus Pain
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 08:11:17 am »
Fruss, I use otrivin . I don't get blocked up every night. Usually for a few days then it stops. I don't think u are supposed to use nose drops for more than 2 wks at a time. I have used dime tap nose drops too. Both work well.   

[...], that bad smell thing happened to a friend of mine when she went on fentanyl patches. She said she could smell a foul dead body smell!   Now she gets an alternating smell, a lovely sweet fresh smell! It must affect that part of the brain.  It is common I have been told with certain drugs.   
        Hugs [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 08:15:39 am »
 [...],

i have had that weird foul and other odor's smell's a fwe times. i think it was coming directly from my brain when a certain pressure was in a certain place. all of a sudden i could smell certain things that were obviously not in my immediate surrounding as if it were right in my nostrils and mouth. it was bizarre. i smelled things like fire, carpet fibers, certain laudry soaps and may other things. it happened about 4-5 times. i really think it was directly from my brain rememering things or it having a certain pressure on it.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:27 am »
[...]...did you beat your chest to get your lungs to work???? The garbage you people post here is hard to believe. You are all afraid of everything..vitamin D..really????. Why don't you all stop eating and drinking.

[...]!  We are a support forum!  Your comments are far from supportive and not welcome here.  Please refrain from posting these types of abrasive and uncaring remarks. Our members deserve respect, no matter how much our opinions differ. 

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members.

Rules and guidelines:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 03:48:50 pm »
Thank you yet again [...] .. :)
I never thought of saline!! As far as vitamin D, I cannot take it any more , because it revs up my system .. :(
I hope that all is well with you.
With warm appreciation,
[...] :smitten:
Hi [...],
I have read about people saying D bothered them and they tried powder D instead.
Not sure if that would help or what D you had problems with.
Please don't let other's comment's bother u.
What u r going thru is real and needs respect.
We are all here to help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 06:59:26 am »
there are a lot of people on this forum who can't take Vitamin D right now.
just had a full on discussion about it on my blog.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 12:48:05 pm »
I can't find the link for this method but I read it the other day and it seems to work...  In essence, it says that airways and sinuses often close because of too little CO2, quick breathing and mouth breathing.  So, close your mouth, take a breath in and exhale slowly through nose and then pinch it shut and hold your breath.  Nod your head up an down while holding and keep holding until you feel the big urge to inhale.  Inhale slowly and repeat 10 times.  This allows CO2 to build up, which is good, causing airways to dilate.

I have tried it and my sinuses opened up dramatically, but mine seem to be swollen and not pure congestion from mucous.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 02:06:05 pm »
I can't find the link for this method but I read it the other day and it seems to work...  In essence, it says that airways and sinuses often close because of too little CO2, quick breathing and mouth breathing.  So, close your mouth, take a breath in and exhale slowly through nose and then pinch it shut and hold your breath.  Nod your head up an down while holding and keep holding until you feel the big urge to inhale.  Inhale slowly and repeat 10 times.  This allows CO2 to build up, which is good, causing airways to dilate.

I have tried it and my sinuses opened up dramatically, but mine seem to be swollen and not pure congestion from mucous.
This is called the buteyko breathing method.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-3dt9L72c

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »

This is called the buteyko breathing method.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-3dt9L72c

That's it!!! thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 07:16:00 am »
i love the way breathing into a paper bag feels. i just did that type of breathing [...], not good for me at this minute.
made me dizzy and tired. but i can tell that it does open up the passages.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 07:41:55 am »
That's the method used for diabetics too! Good idea!