Author Topic: Sinus Pain  (Read 8237 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Sinus Pain
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 01:26:09 pm »
I use a menthol inhaler and tylenol.  Sudafed does have a stimulant effect but it sure works....but not good for people who already are anxious or having palpitations, etc.

Also, mucinex is great for thinning out mucus.  It also has a secret side effect of relaxing muscles, so that could be nice!  It is a very nice medication and really works.  Mucinex.  Or any generic guaifenesin.  I've taken it for years with NO problems.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 03:45:57 pm »
I read with interest all the responses , hoping to see my situation but it did not come up ..
In this withdrawal , I have been suffering with my sinus  and the inside of my nose feeling sore and painful , and smelling bad odors that do not exist ..
My sinus causes my breathing to shut down , and anxiety to start building up ..  :'(
It is a vicious cycle , that cycles in and out.
There are no headaches or migraines .. I wonder if anyone here has suffered this ,
 and what was done to get some relief .
Thank you for any help .. Wishing everyone healing thoughts ..
[...] 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »
YES!, big sinus troubles with kl w/d!
During taper cycles my right side sinus closes at night. Struggle to breath,waking in a.m. after my lungs stop working..panicking I have been able to restart my lungs on occasion but usually I cant,then twist like a pretzel-black out and have a grand-mal seizure.
Took a higher dose of klonopin one night and my nose was clear all night!!! No congestion at all.

Started taper and having breathing issues followed by seizures for over 3 years now..not quite dead yet.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 05:35:12 pm »
saline nasal rinses using a neti pot and keeping vitamin D levels up.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
When I have really wretched congestion, I do jus take sudafed (the real stuff you have to get behind the counter, not the new off-the-shelf stuff with Phenylepherine in it instead of pseudoephedrine. Pseudoephedrine really works, phenylepherine is "worthless" according to my pharmacist).

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 11:51:57 pm »
Yeah [...],I went to the pharmacy the other day for some Sudafed,tried to buy 2 boxes and left empty-handed because the assistant thought that was suspicious.Now Ive seen Breaking Bad so I know why Sudo is controlled but Jesus,I'm in the UK where there's very little to no M-amphetamine problem.Anyway I digress lol,so I went to my doc and he prescribed me 100 Galpseud which are just pure S-ephedrine.Ive been taking them for a couple of days and they clear any runny nose up but the sinus pressure thing is just as horrible.
Ive had this for many years but since 8 months ago when I quit Valium its been 10 times worse.I wonder if the Benzos caused the problem in the 1st place.Sometimes I even wonder whether its my sinuses at all and maybe its just really bad pressure from tensing my neck muscles all the time because of W/d.All I know is its my very worst symptom by far.I don't know what to do about it any more.Anyone else got any more decent advice??

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 03:05:42 am »
Thank you yet again [...] .. :)
I never thought of saline!! As far as vitamin D, I cannot take it any more , because it revs up my system .. :(
I hope that all is well with you.
With warm appreciation,
[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 03:17:44 am »
I have been dealing with this for a few weeks and it is driving me nuts.  Every evening my sinuses slam shut and I can barely breath.  No real mucous, just inflammed.  I do assess moldy buildings frequently so I know that has something to do with it but this is different.  I use afrin when I must open up a nostril.  I also use a neti pot but it doesn't seem to do much.

Today I went with some stand by stuff.  First a product called sinus buster.  It has capsaicin so it hurts like hell for a few seconds but it really opens it up.  The next is boiling water with Vicks in it.  If anyone else has ideas keep em coming!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:16 am »
[...]...did you beat your chest to get your lungs to work???? The garbage you people post here is hard to believe. You are all afraid of everything..vitamin D..really????. Why don't you all stop eating and drinking.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 07:37:50 am »