Author Topic: Sinus Pain  (Read 8236 times)

[Buddie]

Sinus Pain
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:21:56 pm »
What do  you take for your sinus pain and pressure? I end up with a headache.  I'm afraid to take Sudafed.

~[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Sinus Pain
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:25:51 am »
I have to take Zomig which is a prescription medication for migraine headaches. My sinus headaches become migraines if I don't take it. The med gets rid of the sinus headaches for me. I have quite a bit of inflammation and congestion which has gotten a lot worse in benzo withdrawal.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:13:30 am »
That is what happens to me.  The sinus headaches turn into migraines.  I have to take Maxalt sometimes everyday.  The congestion seems to be getting worse.  Do you have to take it everyday, or can you take it everyday.  I see that it is a triptan drug like Maxalt. You are the first person I have heard say that there sinus headache turns into a migraine.  I was afraid taking the Maxalt so much was giving me a rebound migraine.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 02:09:48 am »
I'm taking it about twice a week. I take a twenty-four hour allergy pill almost daily as it cuts down on the headaches. You are also the first person I had heard say that their sinus headaches become migraines. Did you know that there are many types of migraines? Some don't even produce pain.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 02:30:25 am »
Which 24 allergy pill do you take?  I was trying to read up on that.  Benzo brain I have forgotten what I read.  Isn't there a migraine of the stomach?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:49:47 am »
It's called desloratadine. There are others.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 06:10:41 am »
I use a nasal spray at night when it's bad. It seems to alleviate headache from sinus.
   It's horrible isn't it.             Hugs [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 07:05:37 am »
What kind of nasal spray? Saline does nothing for me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 07:42:13 am »
my sinus pain becomes migraine too. now i wonder if this is a benzo related problem when i hear that more than 2 people have the same thing. it does make me hopeful that it is just a benzo related problem because then it has the chance of going away. not that it couldn't go away otherwise.

what works for me is taking a benadryl with excedrin together. sometimes at night if i wake up with headache i will take 1/2 benadryl and 1/2 excedrin so i don't take too much. that combination along with a few sips of orange juice helps me to fall back asleep easier.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »
[...],

Do you take the Excedrin for migraines?  I have been scared to take that since it has caffeine in it.

~[...]