Knee Pain Anyone?

[tb...]

I don't know if this is a w/d symptom. I've searched the boards and there's not much on it. I was wondering if anyone experiences knee pain? I'm a runner and it kicked in a month ago while I was still tapering. I was just wondering if it's from the w/d or if I did something to it by accident? THANKS! :P

Well, it could be a couple or combo of things:

1) If you have ever injured that knee before, benzo w/d can make old injuries hurt even though you're not actually injured

2) Normally, when people get joint pain from w/d, it is more generalized, not isolated to just one joint, unless there is history of previous injury

3) If no history of previous injury and it is just that one knee that is sore, you may well have injured it during exercise or have developed a chronic athletic-induced condition from wear and tear.

4) If you have injured it before, and this is not w/d related, you may have re-injured it.

IMO - I would get it checked out if it doesn't get better, and certainly if it gets worse.

Hope this helps.

My husband is in tolerance w/d and started experiencing severe knee pain, esp. after standing for a long time.

It'a the main reason I started to investigate benzos'side effects & it is listed as such.  Upon further reading, it is what prompted me to get off these meds.

One of my worst sxs. I have had injuries and arthritis, but since tapering it's

gotten really bad. My knees ache and exercise doesn't seem to help. I ice them sometimes.

I've suspected for awhile that the knee pain I've experienced in the last year or so had something to do with benzo w/d. At 7 months post jump, it seems like some of my physical symptoms are fading away and so has my knee pain. I haven't experienced any in awhile during my daily 3 mile walks. That's just me, though;)

Rosa

Probably muscle imbalances in your legs.  Is it just one knee or both?  Do you have tight quads or hamstrings?  I would do some yoga for hips and legs.  Notice if you have any asymmetries in your body.  Hero pose is one that is excellent for knees.  If your knees hurt too much to get into it, put a pillow or cushion under your butt.  As your knees get used to the stretch, you'll eventually be able to remove the cushion.

Lee

Yes, I think knee pain is caused by Benzo withdrawal.  My left knee & ankle have been having pain off an on, they didn't hurt at all before w/d.  My right knee used to hurt pre benzo, but doesn't hurt now.

I treat it with ice, pressure wrap & Advil.  Withdrawals are just strange and unpredictable.