Chills , coughing , pain around eyes , what's going on ?

[Be...]

Since last night I'm having bad chills , fever , pain around the eyes , my legs hurt really bad , chest hurts when I cough ,is this a cold ? Or is it clonazepam withdrawel ? Please let me know what you think , thank you

The only thing that doesn't seem like w/d is the coughing, but I'm not certain of that.  I get chills, pain around my eyes (my eyelids are very swollen and dry), headache, lots of flu-like symptoms.  Coukd be withdrawal, but you'll be able to tell if the symptoms subside and come back randomly or intermittently.  If it's a cold, the symptoms are usually progressive--you'll know if it's a full-blown cold.  For me, I always feel like I'm coming down with a flu, and then the symptoms change or switch or go away, so obviously it ain't the flu.

Good luck, friend!  It's a wild ride.

Since last night I'm having bad chills , fever , pain around the eyes , my legs hurt really bad , chest hurts when I cough ,is this a cold ? Or is it clonazepam withdrawel ? Please let me know what you think , thank you

sounds like benzo flu to me and yes its part of wd. i had it twice and its gone now.

ginger tea with honey will give you relief. take care.  :)

Do you feel like having fever, but without the fever?

I feel like i,am sweating, but i,am not, my skin feels wet, and i feel sick.....

Eyes really heavy and tired.....

And i was choughing, having chills pretty bad, stil not over yet.....

:smitten:

Sandra.

yeah Sandra, sounds very familiar.

its detox from the medication and its a good sign actually , your body is fighting its

health back. don't worry, its part of the game. :smitten::thumbsup:

Have that everyday Sandra. Got it right now along with my throat feeling really dry and tight and chest tight making my breathing very labored.

I got used to the fever thing, but sometimes I get so hot that it feels like suffocation. Actually, most of this feels like suffocation.

Hi Bech,

It could be w/d related. When I came to the very end of my taper I got an awful cough and had to go on ABs.

I wonder though if perhaps your tobacco reduction has something to do with it? Sometimes when people quit smoking they get very congested and have a cough and produce a lot of phlegm.

As well you're having a chinook up there and those always make me feel headachy and put pressure on my sinuses. We're having one here too!

Mind you, lots of colds and flus going around. Bundle up and stay warm and drink lots of fluids and if you don't feel better or it gets worse do see your doctor, okay?

Chinook :hug:

This is one of those instances where the diagnostic picture gets fuzzy. Chills, fever, cough...yes, could be w/d, but also could be an actual virus (tis the season). As other posters have indicated, if your cough gets worse and if the mucus starts looking yellow/green, and you can hear/feel rattling and gurgling in your upper airways, you may have bronchitis (from a bacterial infection). Of course you'll likely know that you are sick and will need to see your doctor for possible antibiotics. Any cough that persists and worsens at night can either be benzo withdrawal, post nasal drip, or possible low grade pneumonia. If it doesn't get better, or the fever is persistent, this is an instance where it is worth checking out just in case you need an antibiotic.

Hope you feel better soon.  :smitten: