Anyone with dizziness this far out?

[Ma...]

I'm so frustrated and discouraged tonight. I woke up this morning very dizzy. I thought it was from a very heavy cycle and I'm beginning to think otherwise. I notice I'm dizzy all the time but when I switch positions as far as laying down it gets intense for a few seconds. Does this make sense? I felt this way in the beginning but can it still be withdrawal back at 13 months out?  Also I worry it will make the dpdr come back intense again. Please tell me it won't. I want to be done with this. Thanks for reading this. Any comment or reply is appreciated.

[90...]
Hey MayMay, I think it may be related to your cycle.  All my symptoms have gone ballistic including being dizzy and its day 1 for me.  I also loose it again in the middle of the month!!!! Withdrawal the gift that keeps on giving!!!! :tickedoff:

[90...]

I wish I freakin knew!!!!!

I start to feel really well like almost normal then bang its the middle or the end of the month and all hell breaks loose.  :tickedoff:

Hi may may, I too still have it at 14 months. Seems there is a few if us in this time frame copping it at the moment. Can't wait will its a memory..

Maymay,

I have the dizziness when I lie down.  Some nights it is more intense than others.  Sometimes it will take as long as 30 minutes to leave after lying down.  Mine had been so bad this week, but today it is a little better.  That is the way it does, one day I think well it is leaving, and then it will be back the next.

Hope yours eases up for you soon.

~Mama2

Hi MayMay: I am still tapering, so might not be interested in what I have to say, but I have suffered bouts of vertigo for many decades. My vertigo comes and goes without warning, and is very positional. If I look down, bend my head down, tip my head back, or suddenly turn on my side at night - POW  - bad dizziness. My episodes are very sudden onset and can persist for weeks. Neurological and BP problems aside, a lot of dizziness is caused by the little crystals in the inner ear getting into the wrong spot and moving about when you move your head. The brain interprets this as your body moving and spinning when it really is not. I once was doing ab exercises, rolled on my side, and got vertigo so bad I was gripping the carpet with white knuckles because it felt like I was going to fall to the ceiling!

Over the years this what I found helped me:

- Gravol for nausea (which you probably may not want to take if you are worried about meds right now)

- Brandt-Darnoff exercises (google 'dizzy cures' on the net. These exercises can get the crystals back to where they need to be - if that's the problem- and help shorten the episode)

- Of course avoiding sudden head position and postural changes that make it worse

- Sleeping with the head and shoulders a bit elevated as laying flat seems to aggravate the problem.

- Checking to make sure your BP isn't too low

- Time - whatever the cause, most dizziness generally gets better over time.

- Making sure to rule out ear infection or fluid behind an ear drum if it persists, and if your ear(s) feel plugged

I hope this helps. I understand the misery of dizziness. I also acknowledge that this can strictly be completely neurological and benzo-healing related, in which case only time will make it better. I just wanted to offer other causes which can also be aggravated by benzo-healing, and which, if they apply to you, may help with this episode.

Take special care and please be careful about falling.

I'm sorry you're having this issue. I know how miserable it can be.

Thanks guys. When the room starts spinning it gets scary. I had this in the beginning and one day since then but it might be back for a while. I can deal with it as long as I know it isn't permanent. I have a big dinner coming up this week to make. Lol. Thanks everyone for saving me again.

The brain interprets this as your body moving and spinning when it really is not.

i suspect that a lot of the symptoms are from the brain interpreting things that are not really happening at all. i have flown about the room, descending, flying high, doing somersaults in the air.