Can't STOP Sleeping!

[7e...]

[7e...]

Hi all,

When I detoxed from xanax I found myself sleeping lots. All day I could easily lie in bed and doze away the hours. It was the most bizarre withdrawal ever and totally unexpected! But it was a nice surprise and I thanked the Universe for being so kind :>

Then I quit Mogadon. Amazingly I didn't really have insomnia. I did wake up a few times a night, but usually just to pee, then straight back to sleep. It didn't really ruin my sleep pattern in the slightest. Again I thanked the Universe for being so kind and helping me through something I was very scared to go through.

So now I'm quitting Valium. The final benzo and psych drug to leave my system..hoorah!! Again I find that all I can do is sleep! It's crazy! I figured it happened with the first 2 cos I was still taking other forms of benzos. Now it's happening with my final drug and I have no clue why!

Normally I wake up happily to watch the sunrise around 5am and water my gardens (I grow our food) But since I started this taper 10 weeks ago I can't wake up! I can sleep until 9am and I'm sure I could sleep longer if the dogs didn't hassle me to get up and walk/feed them!

By midday I'm ready for a nap. I meditate for an hour but often fall asleep and some days don't wake up until 5 or 6pm! Then I go to bed around 9pm and sleep till 9am again!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! lol I'd much rather be sleeping than have insomnia! I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

And if anyone knows why this is happening? I've also been a bit depressed and not really in the mood to do anything. Could the sleeping be a part of the depressive symptoms?

Any feedback would be much appreciated :>

Peace

Sarah Hope

I would say u are one very lucky person! I would rather sleep than be awake and distressed with w/ds.  The depression and not in a mood for anything sounds like typical w/ds to me.

I think it's great that that's all u have had . I hope it stays like this for u. Since that's the way it has been I see no reason for it to change!                Hugs Pinkee

Hi all,

When I detoxed from xanax I found myself sleeping lots. All day I could easily lie in bed and doze away the hours. It was the most bizarre withdrawal ever and totally unexpected! But it was a nice surprise and I thanked the Universe for being so kind :>

Then I quit Mogadon. Amazingly I didn't really have insomnia. I did wake up a few times a night, but usually just to pee, then straight back to sleep. It didn't really ruin my sleep pattern in the slightest. Again I thanked the Universe for being so kind and helping me through something I was very scared to go through.

So now I'm quitting Valium. The final benzo and psych drug to leave my system..hoorah!! Again I find that all I can do is sleep! It's crazy! I figured it happened with the first 2 cos I was still taking other forms of benzos. Now it's happening with my final drug and I have no clue why!

Normally I wake up happily to watch the sunrise around 5am and water my gardens (I grow our food) But since I started this taper 10 weeks ago I can't wake up! I can sleep until 9am and I'm sure I could sleep longer if the dogs didn't hassle me to get up and walk/feed them!

By midday I'm ready for a nap. I meditate for an hour but often fall asleep and some days don't wake up until 5 or 6pm! Then I go to bed around 9pm and sleep till 9am again!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! lol I'd much rather be sleeping than have insomnia! I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

And if anyone knows why this is happening? I've also been a bit depressed and not really in the mood to do anything. Could the sleeping be a part of the depressive symptoms?

Any feedback would be much appreciated :>

Peace

Sarah Hope

Sarah, can I have some of your problem please  :)

Ed C