need encouragement. re: memory issues

[Ra...]

Hi All,

I am really struggling with my memory issues right now and fighting intrusive thoughts that I have some disease or disorder of the brain causing these issues.  I took a rescue dose a few weeks ago which I think has made things worse.  I am having trouble remembering what I did just days ago.  My reading comprehension is almost non existent.  I have to read things many times in order to absorb the main idea.  I got really panicky at a taco place today when looking at their menu.  It was just so noisy to my brain and I had trouble navigating it to decide what I wanted.  I just feel blank and brain damaged. 

I am sure that the anxiety and depression I have been feeling is not helping this situation either.  Anyways, I was just hoping for some words of encouragement, or testimonies from people who could relate and got better.

I also wonder how much rescue doses are playing in all this as well.

Many thanks,

Ragnar

All I can say is to stay away from the rescue doses. Unless you are very suicidal it is best to just let time pass. They give short term relief at best and make things worse at worst. They way I have avoided them is to not see them as a solution. Every time I am tempted to take one I remind myself of my commitment and that I don't want to be in the position of wondering whether or not a rescue dose has messed with my recovery. I don't need that kind of stress and neither do you. Stay strong.  :thumbsup: