2nd attempt to taper now with psych detox dr

[...]

2nd attempt to taper with psych detox dr

Hello all, started oct,2nd 27 days c/t and that ended me up  in a rehab that reinstated me on 10mg Val 1st 4days then down every 4/5 days. On 3rd week I was cut to 3mg and after three dats all hell broke loose. I tried contacting them for several days but never returned my call. I decided to up dose every three hours 2 mg to stabilize. This was after I went to a hospital where I was told a psych was in attendance and I ck in with benzo withd/anxiety. They took me into the psych ward and that made my condition worst. Their web site prominent university hosp in miami boast mental health with private rooms,this was an experience I

hope never have again.Their was no psych available so I opted to discharge myself. 

Last week I started a new detox with a addiction psych dr. He put me on Librium taper; start 25mg night 10 mg day. After 4 days on that I got extremely depressed although I think the Valium from the last taper was beginning to show signs of depression. But the Librium really brought it out, anxiety I was familiar with but depression no, and heavy dep.

I went back to see the detox psych and he switched me over to klonipin .25 once at night and gave me remoron 7.5 to take nightly as well as depakote during the day. I did take the remoron a few nights ago with the .25 klon and slept well. Don't think I'm going to try the depakote. I also had half the 7.5 dose rem last night and half the .25 klon. I slept but not as well and woke up with anxiety due to most likely Librium leaving system. The psych is saying that my problem is that I'm on these sites to much and that the history of use and low dosages I've been on including(5years lunesta) might not be the culprit. I then went to an addiction doctor I have seen before and he told me that I should just stop the klon and go on Zoloft due to I have AD & OCD. Although never had anxiety before lunesta.

I am so confused!

I know I'm getting to many doc in the mix but I keep thinking one of them should know. especially the addition doc, he was an addict years ago and he treated a friend at a Hosp facility in southnmiami for Xanax & alcohol although he was tapered on klon and discharged in ten days. But my buddy made it.

I know I'm all fragmented here but I think it's up to me to establish my own taper with klon due to the depresion from Val and Librium and no direction from psych. All this mess from lunesta ,once nightly for too long. Will compound pharmacy do liquid klon in US? How do I figure a taper ? when just months ago only dosed at night 3mg lunesta then switched to .25xanax for only 3 months the c/t 27 days.

I know the anxiety that goes with this but I've been up & down since oct 2 nd trying to escape this poison and its taken a toll on me. But the anxiety I go through now is so severe I feel it's as bad as c/t. If I sleep I can better manage the anxiety but that means I need to continue the mirtazapine 7.5.  Any advice on all this mess including current meds?

Thk u all for helping

The reality is there is no such thing as detox for benzos and it can't be done in a few weeks. Other drugs and alcohol can work that way but not benzos. The only way with benzos is a reasonable taper over a period of months, for some people it takes a year. Valium is considered to be the best benzo to taper from. Please read the Ashton manual. Make a plan and stick to it. Constantly changing meds is not the way to go. Docs are looking for a quick fix to your withdrawal symptoms and that is not realistic. Any time you go to a doc they are going to give you a new drug and just make things more confusing for you. Although some people do use other drugs to help them get off benzos, from what I have seen they only help somewhat and can make things worse. Time is the best healer. That and a safe taper. Good luck.

This is quite complex involving quite a few meds, quite a few that you haven't included in your signature. May I ask, why do you want to go on Klonopin? You mention it. It is quite potent and one of the more difficult benzos to taper from. You are not currently on it nor do you mention ever being on it. It has a shorter half life than Librium, and does not come in liquid form but must be crushed and titrated at home. I am only asking because I am wondering if you have sketched out a tentative plan for yourself, and if so, how that plan looks to you. If you have ideas on how you see this going, could you share that info so we can assist better?  Thanks.  Keep posting. We will eventually get enough info exchange to try and help.

Thk u. I am updating signature tonight. This Wednesday doc replced lib put me on klon .25 daily due to the depresion the Val I belive started and the Librium took to new heights. I would much rather return to to valium but am conserned of the depresion issue. He also put me on Mitz 7.5 for sleep. I will go to the Ashton site and try and figure a taper on klon. It is complex and I welcome any ideas on a less potent benzo that may come in smaller doses. If not I need to figure out this crushing method.

Thks again

Jrod

j: Although Valium is the preferred drug to taper off of, there are many people here who out of necessity taper directly from the K. No reason you can't either if that's what you're comfortable with. If that's what you'd like to do, first post on the General Taper section where folks can help you set up a K taper. Then, the Titration section will help teach you how to liquify your doses.

You'll find a lot of knowledgeable buddies very familiar with K to help you.

Best wishes.

You have posted the same thread twice. I'm deleting my response from the other thread and copying it here. I'd recommend you delete the other thread. It's very confusing...

COPIED FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

Anxiety and depression are both very common in benzo withdrawal. I really think you are hurting yourself by going from one doctor to another. Your system simply can't take all the changes of drugs you're doing to it.

I suggest you think about which of the doctors you felt in your "gut" was the best and stick with that one. Librium isn't a bad benzo to come off of. I'd pick it or Valium over Klonopin, but that's just because I really disliked the effect I got when a doc tried to have me take it. No matter what you pick, it's going to take a week or so for you to stabilize, maybe a few days even longer than a week.

A lot of people here report success with Remeron, but I haven't seen anyone report taking Zyprexa... I don't know what to tell you. Follow the advice of Henry David Thoreau: "Simplify, simplify, simplify..."

Good luck figuring out what you're going to do. We can't tell you what to do. You need to decide that for yourself. We ARE here to support you in whatever course of action you choose to take!

Best wishes!

Based on the posts I just read on this thread, I would recommend you go back on the Valium and taper from it. Librium is not nearly as strong as Valium, and I think Valium is the best to taper from because it has the longest half life, meaning making cuts (reduction in dosage) is generally easier on Valium than Klonopin, Ativan, Xanax, etc.

Perhaps the doctor can prescribe an antidepressant to help you deal with the depression, although it seems like you have a lot of confusing things going on with meds and at this point adding one more might not be a good idea.

Good lucking in simplifying things...

Based on the posts I just read on this thread, I would recommend you go back on the Valium and taper from it. Librium is not nearly as strong as Valium, and I think Valium is the best to taper from because it has the longest half life, meaning making cuts (reduction in dosage) is generally easier on Valium than Klonopin, Ativan, Xanax, etc.

Perhaps the doctor can prescribe an antidepressant to help you deal with the depression, although it seems like you have a lot of confusing things going on with meds and at this point adding one more might not be a good idea

Good lucking in simplifying things...

What Tex67 and NewMoon said. I'd stay with the valium. I'm on klonopin and I think, if memory serves me, which it prolly doesn't, NewMoon was also on K. Much more potent, shorter half life makes it a harder drug to get off of. My pdoc is loosely using the Ashton Method, tho the taper is longer. But Ashton recommends using valium in exchange for Klonopin for those same reasons. Stay off of K my man. You're better off without it. It's nasty. And what Tex67 said, simplify, simplify, simplify....If you need  an A/D, then that's OK. But if you have not had a pre-existing condition for depression, then it's prolly the benzos and/or other meds that are the culprit. I'm switching over, in part, from K to Valium and I don't feel at all depressed by V. just makes me more tired than K, but that's just me. I personally don't have the guts to taper off of K alone. Benzogirl.

Valium is a lot more sedating than K, benzogirl. I remember the first time I took it. I felt like if I'd taken two I'd be really high.

The sense of sedation wears off after a couple of weeks. Back at the worst of my abuse I remember taking 90 mg. when I was staying in a motel with the person who is the absolute worst boss I ever had! I wasn't in the same room, thankfully, but that old woman just was so passive-aggressive and made me INSANE. I ended up taking 90 mg. of Valium before I was able to sleep. Not all at once. 10 mg. here, 10 more, and on and on and on as the hours rolled by. I went to bed about 10 and finally dozed about 2 a.m.

So, yeah, you'll get used to it.