Need Support

[Eu...]

Buddies,

I feel so down today. Anxiety is up and down all day out of nowhere. Feels like I will never heal;/ I have days when I feel great, but now 3 days in a row I'm sad and discouraged. I try to stay busy or distracted it helps for only so much. Will this go away? I'm off of klonopin for 6 weeks now.

Thanks Guys...

EG

Hi Eurogirl,

six weeks is unfortunately not all that long in this game. I was a mess at six weeks; I'm much better now (seven months). I think you'll feel better, just hang in there :)

Spengler,

I know I'm too hard on myself, but sometimes I feel I can't go on any longer. It sure feels nice when I feel better, but on days like this I do not have desire to do anything.....I was on klonopin for 5mo (including taper) thought maybe healing will quicker for me....

It probably will be faster for you but think in terms of months not weeks. When you hit three months you will have passed the acute withdrawal stage. Set your sights on the New Year. Things will start getting better then.

Dear Eurogirl,

The feeling you can't do it another day is so common...it is a benzo lie. You will get better...you will feel well again. Good for you for making it this far! Keep focusing on the fact this is temporary....another break could happen anytime. We are all here with you.

Warmly,

Carita

Hey eurogirl,

Klonopin is a tough drug to get off of and get well. I have gotten off of it and am working on getting well. You will get through this. It is not easy and you will have ups and downs. When I am sick I come here. I always have someone to talk to and I get through it. I hope you feel better. Hang in there.

Colorado :thumbsup:

I think it's amazing that u get some days where u feel great! I would try to focus on that. Most of us from what I read don't get any great days at all! I know it's so miserable to feel down . I am not minimising this. But hold onto the fact that u do get good days. Maybe u are going to heal quicker than most! I hope so!        Hugs  Pinkee

I try to focus on good days, but when the bad wave hits I almost forget what it's like to feel normal again. But def I try to stay positive.

If your having times where your feeling better then your doing well. Your not that far out since you quit. It does get better after three months, sometimes sooner. Hopefully, you will heal soon, I am still waiting to heal and I only used for almost two months including a poor taper. Distracting myself with reading is what got me through the acute stage.

As hard as it is I try to distract myself with work and reading on the weekend even if it means reading some posts here on BB. Looking forward to month 3.... God give me strength.

I try to focus on good days, but when the bad wave hits I almost forget what it's like to feel normal again. But def I try to stay positive.

That you are already having good days is incredibly promising and focusing on that is very important.

I know it's hard when you have a good day then get a bad one. It's such a shock and absolutely disheartening but remembering that there are good days is what helps. And trying not to think about how bad you feel when you feel bad helps. Try to keep your mind off it as much as possible, which I know is incredibly hard, but it really makes a difference. Also, remember that you are healing and it will get better. That you are having good days is a really good thing. Something to be really optimistic about so cling to that as best as you can when you have a bad day.

Distracting yourself is so very helpful. You will get through this! You seem like you are doing well with coping. It's a shock when the bad days come but remember they do pass.

I wish well in your healing journey and hope you feel better soon.

Yes I do get some breaks, where I feel completely fine. But then I come down crashing in a big way. Worst symptom is anxiety, out of touch with reality and no appetite. Lost so much weight, but all the symptoms tend to lessen towards the evening. I really hope in the next month to be somewhat better....more functional

Hi EuroGirl-

I know you are miserable right now but it seems like what you are going through is pretty normal for 6 weeks out. When you are in a bad way like this, it's almost impossible to see a way out- to imagine that you will feel good again. You most certainly will very soon it's just that the minutes and hours seem to go on forever when you're in this much pain. But the fact that you have already been getting some breaks is very good news. You are on your way to healing. Try to keep your chin up and come here when things get bad. I hope your anxiety is easing up as the night goes on :)

Rosa