Where's Benzy?

[Pi...]

I haven't reinstated yet but with a weak heart I guess I haven't got much to lose anymore. Not much Dr's can do for afib. They give beta blockers which make me feel even worse. If you've got a bad heart it puts things into perspective. This makes benzo wd look like a picnic. The problem is progressive and to get it at 37 is bad news. Been feeling too crappy to leave the house since I was diagnosed.

Maybe I will reinstate to get some quality of life back. I hardly need to worry about tolerance now!

Oh Gussy I'm so sorry. Please just hang on a bit until you can get in to see your cardiologist, okay? I'm sure he'll be able to help calm your fears.

I think you can have a long and happy life without benzos.

Chinook  :hug:

Thanks Chinook.

I haven't reinstated only because I'm worried the valium might have some adverse affect on my heart! No other reason.

You can't really have a long, happy life with atrial fibrillation. If your heart's not beating properly its like being in permanent acute wd, even worse.

On benzo's atleast I wouldn't worry about it so much. What I will be asking the cardiologist is 'is it safe for me to get back on valium'.

I've read up on afib and its really not good. Worse than being diagnosed with AID's in a lot of ways.

An ablation is the only thing that might help. The emphasis on might.

Afib is worse than AID's as I said. Atleast they have effective medicine for that. I was out of breath just walking to the letterbox then and I used to be a fit marathon runner.

Feeling sorry for myself at the moment. Basically its a life sentence. You can live with it but with no quality of life. All the symptoms of benzo wd but these are guaranteed to get worse.

I did read it thru and ..... I don't like where it went. Some pretty harsh stuff. I don't think anyone should be nasty.

It started with a joke!

Gussy , I am so sorry. I sent u a pm. Please if u need to talk it out. Sometimes it helps.

Look, guys, I read the thread being talked about as it happened. I saw each post, and that was where I made the joke about "maybe the people posting were drinking".

I am saying, flat out, that I blame the moderators in this case for not immediately locking down the thread and giving everyone a time out ON THAT THREAD.

People here are hurting. We are ALL going through hard times. There is something called "benzo-rage", just a little tiny thing in withdrawal that is slight problem - like edging people on to start WWIII over a couple words.

I would respectfully ask that this thread also be locked and that people leave Benzy alone until such time as he is allowed to defend himself, the same thing I would request for any of the other people still here, in this thread, who have skin in the game if they were being slammed in the same manner if THEY were in Benzy's position right now.

Fair is fair.

Leave the guy alone.

Moderators, please?

I think the mods already have a hard enough job without having to be everywhere at the same time, and being blamed to things they often have no control over. They can't be held responsible for every single thread, and sometimes they have to rely on other members to report threads so they can be aware of any potential problems.

If they were to close down a thread as soon as any kind of issue arose they would be accused of censorship. Oftentimes these scuffles sort themselves out anyway, without anyone intervening. From memory, there were a couple of warnings given on that thread, but they were ignored by the people in question. Eventually it was locked, and that was the correct way for it to be handled.... IMO.

Yes, I agree that Benzy should be left alone, but the same needs to be said to him. He needs to be aware of how his smart arse and (unfunny) sarcastic comments may affect other people. He doesn’t get a pass, because he isn’t suffering any more than many other people here.

I think the mods already have a hard enough job without having to be everywhere at the same time, and being blamed to things they often have no control over. They can't be held responsible for every single thread, and sometimes they have to rely on other members to report threads so they can be aware of any potential problems.

If they were to close down a thread as soon as any kind of issue arose they would be accused of censorship. Oftentimes these scuffles sort themselves out anyway, without anyone intervening. From memory, there were a couple of warnings given on that thread, but they were ignored by the people in question. Eventually it was locked, and that was the correct way for it to be handled.... IMO.

Yes, I agree that Benzy should be left alone, but the same needs to be said to him. He needs to be aware of how his smart arse and (unfunny) sarcastic comments may affect other people. He doesn’t get a pass, because he isn’t suffering any more than many other people here.

Well said Diazepam. Ok, I, for one, agree that he is not having an easy time of it and there is an element of "benzo rage" and it's real because I feel it every day. I think we should give him a pass but if he is going to use "benzo rage" as his argument then he needs to give the same respect to others who are a little distraught by his "humour". If I were him and he joked and it made someone else angry then why not just apologize and state that he meant no harm?

I'll leave the subject be and chalk it up to a bad day for Benzy. I hope the guy is A OK when he comes back because I want everyone to get better from this mess.

Robb

Three mods, I think, stepped into the thread in question giving "warnings". The thread could have been locked, which is not censorship but rather a temporary cooling off period. There was NOTHING going on with the subject, which was about alcohol.

And locking would have been just as quick.

Locking a thread can be temporary. I don't see that as censorship.

And again I point out that he is unable to defend himself. You weren't there when the comments were going on. I was. I saw it all.

Two people got angry. Both people could have stopped.

I'm done here, but I think it would have been better if this topic never got going the way it has...

This "Where's Benzy" thread has turned into "Why Benzy go what he deserved". NOT fair.

I am locking this thread, The op started this thread out of genuine concern for Benzy’s welfare. It has been turned into a continuation of a thread that has already been locked. I don't think its fair to talk about a member who is not here to defend himself.

Magrita

I was thinking about posting a general comment on the announcement board about the behaviour of a few members causing a disproportionate amount of disharmony on this forum. I guess I'll instead take this opportunity.

I do not have the time (nor the inclination) to go into detail about particular incidents and naming members, but you know who you are. If such behaviour continues, we will start issuing suspensions of accounts - extended suspensions if necessary.

BenzoBuddies is not a democracy; it is not a free-for-all either. It is a private club. There are rules and membership is a privilege (just like any other Internet forum you might wish to join). Nearly any subject might be discussed at BenzoBuddies, but we require that members remain respectful of other contributors to this forum. If you cannot do this, go somewhere else. I mean it.

[fa...]