Appetite

[Eu...]

Buddies,

Does appeite come back? I already lost 12lb very underweight, feel very weak, fatigued and nauseated. Can't even think about food. I just try to shove the food down, it's so unpleasant. Anyone has same problem? When do I get my appetite back?

Thanks,

EG

A few months after I stopped taking Kalonapin I started getting my appetite back and started gaining weight back. I lost between 8 and 10 pounds and I am back to where I was-maybe a few pounds more LOL. I enjoy eating now.

There's a thread going around (right now it's just below this one of yours) that I started about food cravings.

Read through that and you'll get your answer. YES, the desire for food comes back. It's fun to read the one about cravings because some people crave pickles (me) while it seems most crave sweets or carbs...

Don't worry, as you get better your brain will function better, your body will work better, and your appetite will almost certainly return!

It really scares me, because if I lose anymore weight, I won't be able to walk. I try drinking ensure protein drinks, baby carrots, regular cucumbers and yes pickles...Don't remember last time I had a regular meal, it's annoying. Can't enjoy quality time with my husband and we were very outgoing people. Feel like I'm letting both of us down, even though I know he doesn't feel this way, but I do.

With the exception of the Ensure, everything you mentioned is low in calories. Try eating a burger or meatloaf or mac & cheese or a hot pizza or enchiladas -- some kind of food that has more calories. Living on carrots, pickles, cucumbers and Ensure will only cause you to continue to lose weight...

Hi again EuroGirl-

When I'm going through a wave, I am so overcome with constant anxiety that eating seems impossible. I've lost weight but it seems like I can put in on again when I get a break from the panic. I can't afford to lose anymore weight (I, too, feel weak and dizzy when I don't eat regularly) so when I can eat something, I make sure is calorie laden. Protein shakes, peanut butter, bananas. whole milk yogurt, cheese, thick soups...Try to keep these things in the house so you can nibble when you can.

Please keep telling yourself that this will past. It definitely will. I know it seems like it's been forever but it only feels like that because you're in pain. You will heal. :smitten:

Rosa

Oh Rosa, you're wonderful. Thank You for your support. When I get a little break I try to eat as much as possible. I lost 13lb and cannot afford to lose more. Don't like what I see in the mirror right now..:/ so skinny it's not healthy looking.

Euro:

I'm going thru the same thing.  Lost a lot of weight.  I can't tolerate the Ensure, but if you can, there's one that has 360 calories.  I think it's Ensure Plus, but I'm not sure.  If you could get down 2 -3 of those a day that would help.

I did some research on high calorie-dense foods for weight gain.  Two of the things they recommended were dates and macadamia nuts.  Try nibbling on some of those.

Lee

Sorry it didn't help.  :(

I also drink peppermint tea.

And, I find that Boost shakes taste much better than Ensure. I like the strawberry. I drink one every day.

I lost 40 lbs in three months. I finally just gained a pound, and the whole Dr's office did a happy dance!!  :laugh:

But, I had started eating peanut butter and jelly on toast, with real butter spread on before the peanut butter. This helps to keep the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of your mouth. And, it adds good healthy fat to it.

Remeron will also give you a good appetite, while helping you sleep. It is an ad that is used by several on here.

Denise  :smitten: