Wanting a new psychiatrist. How?

[Th...]

I do not like my psychiatrist. Since I moved and started seeing him he has caused more distress than anything. He did reinstate me on my Klonopin but it barely makes a dent. No, I don't want to get high, I just don't seem to notice any effects. Here's my question. I want to either switch to another benzo such as Valium or Librium as the are much "easier" to taper from, and I also need to up my dose for the time being. I have 2 more refills on my Klonopin. If I find a new psychiatrist, what should I do? Tell them the whole story and have the pharmacy cancel my current prescription? Can you do that? I don't see my current psychiatrist til February but I need real help now. How would you recommend I go about it? What is the easiest and legal way to do it because I don't want to be seen as going from doctor to doctor getting multiple benzo scripts. I just simply want to switch doctors, get on a new med, updose for the time being and then do a safe taper.

I've fired a couple different doctors over the years, and approach it the same way that I'd find a new auto mechanic. Google, research, find a new provider, be completely honest with them and see how it goes. You may have to try several doctors before you find the right one.

If you have health insurance, such as Cigna, Blue Cross, etc., I'm sure they can give you a list of psychiatrists and tell you how to go about changing doctors.

I wouldn't cancel your current refills until AFTER you have seen the new doctor and are he/she is willing to change you to whatever benzo you want to taper from. If you cancel the refills and the doctor refuses to taper you, then you are screwed...

You can get refills and when you drop off the RX just tell the pharmacy to cancel your old benzo refills, or you can just leave them active and if you don't get them refilled then you won't have a problem. The upside to that is if the new benzo doesn't work for you, then you have the option of having a refill or two available as a backup...

I plan on doing that. I just didn't know how to go about explaining the other prescriptions. I found a really good doc. and tomorrow am going to make an appointment. We'll see how it go's. :) - I still hate this sensitivity though to. lol. It's not funny but even with me taking the pills, any more than 2 cups of coffee make me freak the **** out.