I am hating the Klonopin!!

[So...]

Most of you know that I was put on Klonopin last week due to health problems.

I hate it!! This fatigue and cog fog is a real killer!! Does it ever go away??

Right now I take .25 in the morning, .25 in the afternoon, and .50 at bedtime. If I don't take it like this, the anxiety and heart palps start back up.

I tried a small dose of Ativan this morning, instead of the Klon, and it does the same thing, only not as bad. Or, should I try to stay on the Ativan until I get my surgeries done? Valium is not an option.

How easy would it be for me to get off of this?

And, maybe use magnesium for my heart issues, L theanine, and passion flower for those times that I just can't take the anxiety. Also, a small dose of Remeron for sleep. And, get on Lexapro for this horrible depression.

I just want my energy and mind back. I had them before going on the Klon. Or, should I try to stay on the Ativan instead, until I get my surgeries out of the way?

But, if I decide to go off I may need some help with a taper plan. Since I have only been back on for 10 days, will it be really bad this time? Or, just a few blips and go back to where I was before taking it?

This is all just so confusing to me!!

Sorry to be such a drag in bringing this up again. I really try not to be. But, I just really need help in understanding all of this.

Thanks my lovely BB friends!!

Denise  :smitten:

I was switched a few times from Ativan to Klonopin from my pdoc early on and I never felt a difference from switching. If you can't handle the fatigue, then maybe going back to Ativan is better. It could just be a time factor or it not doing as much as it once did. Most report the same after re-instating.

Well 1mg Ativan is = 10mg Valium, while 1mg Klonopin is = 20mg Valium. If you can use lesser doses of Ativan and get a better result, then it is probably the lesser of two evils. Klonopin is reportedly harder to taper from than Ativan, and Ativan is also less potent mg for mg than Klonopin. If Ativan works for you at lesser doses, then if it were me, I would choose the Ativan.

Well 1mg Ativan is = 10mg Valium, while 1mg Klonopin is = 20mg Valium. If you can use lesser doses of Ativan and get a better result, then it is probably the lesser of two evils. Klonopin is reportedly harder to taper from than Ativan, and Ativan is also less potent mg for mg than Klonopin. If Ativan works for you at lesser doses, then if it were me, I would choose the Ativan.

Did the Ativan make you feel fatigued and coggy foggy?

Btw, so happy you are back!  :)

I was switched a few times from Ativan to Klonopin from my pdoc early on and I never felt a difference from switching. If you can't handle the fatigue, then maybe going back to Ativan is better. It could just be a time factor or it not doing as much as it once did. Most report the same after re-instating.

I was only on xanax to sleep. I have never been on anything during the day.

Did either the klon or ativan make you feel this way? Or, does it take a few weeks to go away?

Hi Denise,

I tried Klon one time as I was going to cross over from Xanax.  I only had one 0.25 pill and it wiped me out for two days, but then I am extremely sensitive to medications. 

I hope you fine a solution.  Blessings to you I know it is tough.

~Mama2  :smitten:

K is the most potent of all the benzos which is probably why people say it is the hardest to get off. I know I have to taper very slowly.

K is a bit longer acting than A but A is less potent so tapering down might be easier if you plan to taper now that you are back on it.

I'm sorry you had to go back on this crap. I hope these symptoms go away and you begin to feel better.

K is the most potent of all the benzos which is probably why people say it is the hardest to get off. I know I have to taper very slowly.

K is a bit longer acting than A but A is less potent so tapering down might be easier if you plan to taper now that you are back on it.

I'm sorry you had to go back on this crap. I hope these symptoms go away and you begin to feel better.

You're back!!!  :)

Since I have only been on it for ten days, do you think that I will have a problem getting off now?

And, seeing my ideas listed above, if they will help?

No, it will not go away. I was on it for 7 years and it was always like that. It's a sedating drug. You say you need to be on benzos to get healthy again, but let me tell you......you can't get healthy while on benzos! They are poisonous! The cause anxiety along with a million other symptoms. I have learned that the hard way. Now, at 7 months off, I feel amazing! I have never felt this good in my life. If you want to be healthy, stay off the benzos. Withdrawals are awful, but they go away. :)

No, it will not go away. I was on it for 7 years and it was always like that. It's a sedating drug. You say you need to be on benzos to get healthy again, but let me tell you......you can't get healthy while on benzos! They are poisonous! The cause anxiety along with a million other symptoms. I have learned that the hard way. Now, at 7 months off, I feel amazing! I have never felt this good in my life. If you want to be healthy, stay off the benzos. Withdrawals are awful, but they go away. :)

The Dr's were more concerned with my anxiety about my upcoming surgeries, since they were way too close to my c/t and my nervous system tanked so bad that I lost 40 lbs in three months.

This was the only reason for being put back on.

Do you think that I will go through terrible w/d if I was to get off of them after being on for only ten days?

I completely understand your situation and I feel for you.  :smitten:  I would have said to just take them before any procedure and not daily. I would still cut down off them, but after 10 days it shouldn't be so bad.

You will heal from this darlin and this will all seem like a bad dream some day. I promise. Be strong now and you won't have to be later. :)

Why is the klonopin making me feel so bad!

I no longer want to get out and do anything.

This reinstatement was a big mistake!!

I need off now!!

Could I cut my night by a fourth tonight and take Remeron to replace it?

I just need help to get off of this crap!!

Hi Denise,

I am no expert my any means, but it just seems like to me you are taking a high dosage of it.  Maybe you could call your doctor and tell him how it is making you feel and he will tell you how to cut the dosage some.  That is what I did and even then it was too much for my sensitive system.

Mama2  :smitten:

Hi Denise,

I am no expert my any means, but it just seems like to me you are taking a high dosage of it.  Maybe you could call your doctor and tell him how it is making you feel and he will tell you how to cut the dosage some.  That is what I did and even then it was too much for my sensitive system.

Mama2  :smitten:

The bad thing is I think that it is giving me anxiety, or else I am not taking enough. I just don't understand it.

I just hate it. If I wasn't so scared of another c/t, I would just quit it now.

I completely understand your situation and I feel for you.  :smitten:  I would have said to just take them before any procedure and not daily. I would still cut down off them, but after 10 days it shouldn't be so bad.

You will heal from this darlin and this will all seem like a bad dream some day. I promise. Be strong now and you won't have to be later. :)

Did you dry cut your taper?

Yes I did. It was horrible, but I got through it.

Yes I did. It was horrible, but I got through it.

Since I have only been on it for ten days, do you think a rapid taper would hurt?

I think it would be fine, but I am not a doctor. I did a rapid taper after 7 years of use.

You were taking it three times a day? How did you balance out your cuts?

A little off of each one, one at a time?

Why am I feeling more anxiety on the Klonopin? I have been on ten days now, and it is getting worse.

I really do not feel very well. Is it doing something funky to me?

My appetite is leaving me, I feel more anxious and depressed.

Did this happen to anybody else?