Percentage of people who tapered off of Klonopin successfully by dry cutting?

[am...]

Hi Everyone,

Can someone who has been on here for awhile please advise me how many people they are aware of that have done this? I am down to .125mg total daily and with the .25mg pills that I have I will be able to taper down to .062mg and jump from that dose. I know I have read where at least a couple other people have done this and I would like to know how good my chances are of achieving this. I don't want to mess around with crushing pills up and measuring tiny doses if possible. My cut from .187 to .125 was pretty tough, but I am  feeling considerably better after about a week post taper.

Thanks and good luck to all !! 

Hi Everyone,

Can someone who has been on here for awhile please advise me how many people thi ey are aware of that have done this? I am down to .125mg total daily and with the .25mg pills that I have I will be able to taper down to .062mg and jump from that dose. I know I have read where at least a couple other people have done this and I would like to know how good my chances are of achieving this. I don't want to mess around with crushing pills up and measuring tiny doses if possible. My cut from .187 to .125 was pretty tough, but I am  feeling considerably better after about a week post taper.

If you taper to fast and aren't patient you could be in deap, deap, deap shit. Follow a conservative taper plan.

A lot of people that make it to this sight have tapered to fast.From the hundreds of post I read, no one has complained about tapering to slow. If I could go back 16 months i would still be tapering. I would be looking for klonopin in liquid form.

Hopefully some one will jump in and send you to a good taper plan.

Hi ama,

How quickly you taper depends on how you feel. There is no evidence that a fast taper leads to problems later on. I've seen a mixed bag on the forum. Btw, I don't consider what you've described as a rapid taper. If it's been working for you then it's a sensible taper for you. Everyone is different.

The idea of a taper is to withdraw from these drugs as rapidly but as comfortably as possible. We have had members who have done the kind of dry cut method you've described and done very well. You have to judge for yourself in terms of how you feel.

You might like to read the following Success Story from one of our members who dry cut as you have described.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=89388.msg1152325#msg1152325

And here is her Progress Log.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=80182.msg1053354#msg1053354

I have done it as well all the way down from 4mg of klonopin. So keep on trucking. It is more mental doing that drop or two but you will better than worse than better once you stop completely. Lets face it we feel awful withdrawal we might as well feel awful off the medication and let the true healing begin. You just have to say to yourself ok I am going to cut this and then in say 3 weeks make that final cut and be done with it. You will be happy you finally got off this crap trust me. Even a small dose is like a atom bomb to the brain. You can do this. Believe me the pain is worth it.

Thanks for the inspiration RCR ! I also think that we are going to be sick either way we do it (super slow or moderately slow) and that it is best to get it out of our system to begin the full healing process. I also agree that this stuff is crazy strong and I can't wait to get the poison out of my system !

Patrick

Patrick you got this. Cut your last dose one more time and then by the end of the year you will be free of the beast. Start 2014 benzo free and you will be so happy to leave it behind. Trust me food tasted better within 36 hours of my last dose. That along was such a wake up feel good moment. YOu can do. Its a long road back but you will be happy your got it out of your system. I am convinced that evern small dose is so much stronger than our bodies produce natarally that we really are only slowing our eventual healing by drawing it out to long. Don't crash yourself but stay the course. What a way to start the new year know that you beat it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ama,

I drycut all the way down and jumped at .065.  It had its moments but at 10 months out I am feeling ssssooooooo much better.  Even tho I had a lot of w/d symptoms at the end of my taper I still think I felt better because I was no longer so sedated like I was on the klonopin.  The joy of feeling like me again made all the crazy symptoms worth it.  If that makes any sense.  :idiot:

Good luck with the rest of your taper.  Sounds like you got it well under control!

China

Hi Everyone,

Can someone who has been on here for awhile please advise me how many people they are aware of that have done this? I am down to .125mg total daily and with the .25mg pills that I have I will be able to taper down to .062mg and jump from that dose. I know I have read where at least a couple other people have done this and I would like to know how good my chances are of achieving this. I don't want to mess around with crushing pills up and measuring tiny doses if possible. My cut from .187 to .125 was pretty tough, but I am  feeling considerably better after about a week post taper.

You can certainly achieve this.

Jake

I am exactly where you are. I use an x-acto blade to cut the pills. I am cutting every 8 days. Sucks, but it's doable. I am going to cut that quarter of a pill /0.125mg clonazepam 3 more times....With the x-acto blade it is quite easy. I just replace them often so they are always sharp.

Jake - I see that you bailed at .125mg -good for you and I hope you are feeling better !

Alabamawerle - Today is my first day benzo free in 32 years and I feel great ! Good luck to you as well !!

Patrick